Location: Sarajevo, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINAApplication Deadline: 18-Feb-20 (Midnight New York, USA)Time left: 15d 13h 32mType of Contract: InternshipPost Level InternLanguages Required: English Duration of Initial Contract: Up to six months
The overall goal of the joint regional programme, Dialogue for the Future (DFF), is to help create more spaces for constructive dialogue between various communities, between citizens and their highest elected leaders, thus promoting peaceful coexistence, increased trust and genuine respect for diversity. This peacebuilding initiative was launched in 2014 in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), following discussions between the United Nations Secretary-General and the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina. In 2015, during the Brdo-Brijuni Summit in Budva, Montenegro, the leaders of the region recognized the DFF project implemented and encouraged its expansion into South East Europe. During the second phase of the BiH-focused project (2017-2019), the United Nations Country Teams in BiH, Montenegro and the Republic of Serbia, worked with institutional and civil society stakeholders to design a joint regional programme that aims to:
- support dialogue and collaborative action around jointly identified priorities;
- empower adolescents and youth for constructive engagement and leadership;
- nurture inter-cultural dialogue;
- strengthen objective media reporting and positive storytelling;
- and promote the empowerment of young girls and women for social activism.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Joint National Program Coordinator, the Intern will be provided an opportunity to learn about the UN’s Sustaining Peace Agenda, UN Sustainable Development Goals, the UNDP activities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as “Delivering as One” policy.
The Intern is expected to perform the following tasks in the DFF II Project Team:
- Collecting and processing data;
- Writing summaries of meetings and events;
- Supporting organization of conferences, workshops and other project events;
- Assisting with project communications and visibility activities for the program and Justice and Security Sector;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Joint National Program Coordinator or other managers in the J&S Sector.
- Have a keen interest in the work of the UN and the UNDP and demonstrate a commitment to its statement of purpose and to the ideals of the UN;
- Ability to successfully interact with individuals of differing socio-economic, religious and cultural backgrounds both professionally and personally;
- Ability and desire to work in a team;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong research skills and ability to identify relevant information
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations;
- Detail-oriented way of working;
- Innovative and creative approach to tasks;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback.
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level) in peacebuilding, political science, public administration, public policy, or related fields;;
- Be enrolled in a master’s degree programme in peacebuilding, political science, public administration, public policy, or related fields;
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Proficiency in English and BHS languages.
- Computer literacy in standard office software applications.
LearningsThe intern will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in in-house training opportunities as applicable;
- Learn about the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Provide ideas and suggestions, thus directly contribute to the success of the SDGs;
- Strengthen his/her effective writing;
- Be part of organizing larger events.
How to Apply
The candidate should apply online through the Job Site by submitting his/her CV and a motivation letter.
Terms and conditions:
- UNDP internship programme entails a monthly stipend;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or sponsoring institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for their education programme;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
More information available at: http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/operations/jobs/types-of-opportunities/internships.html
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 03.02.2020.
Trajanje oglasa: 15 dana (ističe 18.02.2020.)