Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the SDG Roll-Out Project Manager, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide support in timely implementation of the project activities in line with the approved Project Document and Annual Work-Plan;
- Assist in organization and preparation of project activities such as conferences, workshops, studies and publications, procurement and subcontracting;
- Support the Project Team in conducting quality control and preparation of relevant data and documents;
- Provide support in preparation of TORs for consultants and companies, in consultations with other SDG Roll-Out Project Team members,;
- Provide support in facilitating partnerships with all government levels in BiH, international financial institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society with respect to implementation of SDGs in the country;
- Provide assistance in maintaining regular contact with key project partners, organise and prepare materials for the meetings and ensure follow up to agreed action points;
- Prepare meeting minutes and follow-up reports;
- Provide support, in consultation with other SDG Roll-Out Project Team members, to consultants hired for the Project, and any relevant missions directly related to the Project;
- Provide support in building of capacity and awareness of key stakeholders on SDGs and their implementation in BiH;
- Provide assistance in maintenance of the pool of project’s deliverables, documents, files, equipment and materials;
- Provide support in performing financial and administrative tasks related to Project implementation.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree level: Secondary educationEducation – Additional Comments:
University Degree or equivalent in social sciences, international relations, political sciences, or other relevant fields is a strong advantage.Required experience: 24 MonthsExperience remark:
- At least 2 years of relevant administrative and project support experience (paid or voluntary) at national or international level
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Bosnian(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Croatian(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Serbian(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administrationArea of expertise details:
- Experience in working with different stakeholders, such as the government institutions, civil society organizations, private sector, etc.;
- Familiarity and experience in working on the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software package (MS Word, Excel, Spreadsheet, Internet etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management system;
- Demonstrated experience working in complex environments;
- Familiarity with UN system and UNDP rules and procedures is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and writing;
- Knowledge and experience in volunteering, and willingness to learn about volunteering.
Driving license: NoCompetencies values:
Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Bosnia and Hercegovina and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 12 August 2020
Eligible candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the duration of their service.