Are you between the ages of 18-29? Do you live in the Western Balkans? Do you see yourself as a potential leader and positive influencer? If yes, then apply now for Young European Ambassadors (YEA).
The Young European Ambassadors (YEA) platform is a creative network of future young game changers from across the Western Balkans and the European Union (EU). Become one of the 60 Young European Ambassadors from the Western Balkans, share EU values, build your skills and exchange with other cultures.
Although YEAs come from different backgrounds, all of them share an interest in learning about the EU’s values, and to promote the opportunities that the EU offers. Most importantly, YEAs are open to sharing ideas and developing their talents – towards inspiring change within their communities, the Western Balkan region, and across the EU.
- CONNECT through activism, creativity, the arts, communication, concern for the environment, sports, and the sharing of common values;
- CREATE by pursuing their own talents, developing their skills, and designing new ideas;
- INFLUENCE by acquiring the tools and mechanisms to promote, become a voice for, and to inspire, positive change;
- PROMOTE EU values in the most tangible way: through interaction, networking, sharing experiences and values, creating inspiring projects, and promoting creativity;
- ENHANCE cooperation and interaction among youth at both the EU and regional levels, especially in areas that naturally connect young people (such as the arts, music, social media, concern for the environment and each other, sports, etc.) towards boosting youth participation and strengthening a European identity;
- ENGAGE all relevant stakeholders across the YEA’s activities (local EU Info offices, EU projects and programmes in the Western Balkans, youth hub organisations, and relevant regional institutions) in their projects and initiatives;
- PARTICIPATE in the Youth Ambassadors Network of the EU Neighbours platform and other such EU youth platforms, to enhance peer-to-peer exchange and connections.
Eligibility CriteriaPotential candidates must fulfil the following basic criteria.
- Be between 18-29 years old
- Be a resident of Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, or Serbia
- Be an enthusiast of one or several of the following areas: arts and design/ film and photography/ music/ youth activism/ environment protection/ sport
- Have a good level of English
Additional requirements that are evaluated according to each submission:
- Candidates who have not had many opportunities to participate in EU projects by May 2020 will have an advantage
- Candidates with no significant experience of travelling to the EU for educational purposes will have an advantage
- Candidates with basic knowledge and passion for online activism, social media and communication with diverse audiences will have an advantage
For more information, visit https://www.webalkans.eu/