|Location :||BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA|
|Application Deadline :||31-Dec-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||101d 20h 11m|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
With the new ambitious UNDP strategy for Bosnia and Herzegovina 2021 – 2025 in place aiming to support the country’s efforts towards sustainable and inclusive development, UNDP in Bosnia and Herzegovina is interested to explore the available expertise on the domestic and international markets and establish a pool of qualified experts who have niche-expertise across a wide range of work areas and thus can support UNDP’s development efforts in the next 5 years.
Who can submit expression of interest? – Both national and international experts are invited to submit expression of interest.
Duties and Responsibilities
Areas of work to express interest (one expert can express interest for more than one thematic area):
- Strategic foresight
- Big data
- Data analysis and visualization
- System thinking
- Social innovation and open innovation Technology for development (use of artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, etc.)
- Circular and low-carbon economy Digital economy
- Sustainable agriculture
- Private sector development
- Employment and labour market
- Employability and skills development, skills for jobs of the future
- Entrepreneurship development
- Research and developmentInnovation in the private sector
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Climate change adaptation
- Climate change mitigation
- Environment protection and resilience
- Waste management
- Water supply and waste-water management
- Disaster risk management
- Sustainable tourism
- Nature-based solutions for development
- Sustainable management and protection of natural resources
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy sources
- Persistent Organic Pollutants Management
- Public administration reform
- Strategic planning and development management
- Digital transformation in public sector, e-government and e-services
- Financial instruments for sustainable development
- Public finance management
- Public procurement
- Translating the SDGs into policies and action
- Monitoring of implementation of the SDGs
- Sustainable urban development and future cities
- Green infrastructure
- Public asset management Innovation in public sector
- Empowerment of local communities
- Youth activism and leadership
- Empowerment of civil society
- Empowerment of women
- Gender equality
- Social cohesion
- Hate speech
- Rule of law and judiciary
- Road safety
- Civil engineer
- Communications and social media
- Strategic vision, strong technical and analytical capabilities;
- Strong reporting and writing abilities;
- Ability to work in a team, develop synergies and establish effective working relations with government counterparts, donors, NGOs and other development partners;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact, and negotiating skills, and the ability to cope with situations which may pose conflict;
- Integrity, modelled by the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, religion, nationality and age;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to accommodate additional demands on short notice;
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations ;
- Ability to manage heavy workload and solve complex problems with minimum supervision;
- Excellent drafting and formulation skills;
- proven record of official reports or papers/studies in the selected area.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in the relevant field for which the candidate is expressing interest. University degree with five (5) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the postgraduate degree.
- At least five years of general professional experience.
- A minimum of three years of specific relevant experience in the area of work for which the expert is expressing interest.
Documents to be submitted:
- Up-to-date personal CV or P11 in English.
- A Letter of Expression of Interest in English indicating the thematic area for which the expert is expressing interest (based on the thematic areas of work listed above).
Note: Interested applicants should note that if they are willing to submit their expression of interest for more than one thematic area, they should submit separate applications; each submission should be for one thematic area only. There are no limitations to the number of thematic areas an interested expert can express interest.
This call is solely intended for establishing a list of potential national and international thematic experts who could be considered as potential interested candidates for specific future consultancies launched by UNDP in Bosnia and Herzegovina. There is no guarantee on immediate opportunity for an assignment.Prior to placing candidates to the roster, the following must be met:
- Candidates must be subject to a screening and evaluation of qualifications by at least two UNDP staff members prior to be recommended for the roster.
- All candidates shall be subject to verification against the UN/UNDP list of individuals or entities ineligible to obtain contracts;
- UNDP may also conduct formal and informal reference checking in order to place candidate to the roster.The selection for possible open positions will be done based on the further thorough evaluation and assessment of candidates.