The Bridport Prize will award the following prizes:
- Poetry: 1st prize GBP5,000, 2nd prize GBP1,000, 3rd prize GBP500, Highly Commended 10 x GBP100;
- Short story: 1st prize GBP5,000, 2nd prize GBP1,000, 3rd prize GBP500, Highly Commended 10 x GBP100;
- Flash fiction: 1st prize GBP1,000, 2nd prize GBP500, 3rd prize GBP250, Highly Commended 3 x GBP100;
- Novel award: 1st prize – GBP1,000 plus up to a year’s mentoring from The Literary Consultancy through their Chapter & Verse mentoring scheme (worth GBP2,340), a short, written report on the winning entry from the named judge. If, after the mentoring process, the finished novel is suitable, A.M. Heath Literary Agents will have first option to represent the winner and to offer it to a publisher they recommend;
- Runner-up – GBP500 plus full manuscript appraisal from The Literary Consultancy;
- The first three chapters of the winning and runner-up novel will be published on the Bridport Prize website after 22 October 2018.
- 3 shortlisted prizes of GBP100 plus a 50-page manuscript appraisal from The Literary Consultancy;
- All five winners will be invited to a TLC Industry Day.
HOW TO APPLY?
In order to enter the competition, firstly you must create your account here.
For further information ,please visit the official website.