Youth Essay Contest 2019
Write an essay about what you can do to protect and enhance human rights in society
– Discovering and cultivating democratic human rights leaders’ by holding an essay contest for young human rights activists and students in the world.
– Expanding the base of the May 18 Academy.
– Lay the groundwork for the globalization of the May 18 Democratic Uprising.
○ Qualification for Participation: Men and women between the ages of 18 and 27 (as of 2019.09.30.) and one or more of the following criteria:
1) College/Graduate students majoring in relevant fields (including graduates).
2) A person who has been a member of a human rights organization for more than a year.
3) Active participants in human rights-related events at least three times (presenting, volunteering activities).
Documents for Submit
○ Certificate of college/graduation
○ Certificate of employment with human rights organizations
○ Certificate of participation in human rights-related events
○ Writing Format : MS word / 12pt / Times New Roman
○ Document volume : 1000 to 1500 words based on .docx file.
○ Language : English
○ How to submit: Email Only to firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Submission deadline: September 30, 2019 (Korea Standard Time)
○ Will be given priorities for participation in the 2020 May 18 Academy (to be held in August or September 2020).
○ Will be invited to present the essay at the Gwangju Asia forum 2020 that will be held in Gwangju, South Korea between May 17 and 21, 2020.
○ The Foundation will publish selected essays in the Mayzine and other Korean/English news outlets and will pay (with honorarium 100 USD)
※ Participants, please be aware of the below information:
○ Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
○ Essays must be written by one person. (Co-authored essays will be rejected.)
○ Only one essay is permitted to be submitted.
○ Copyright of the chosen essays will be assigned to the May 18 Memorial Foundation.
○ Quotes references and source acknowledgement must be made.
For detail information please browse our link: https://bit.ly/2kBLxP0