Deadline: 25 May 2017
Open to: international graduate students
Prize: winner will receive a cash prize of CHF 10,000 or approx. USD 11,000
The Advancing Development Goals International Contest for Graduate Students, eager to stimulate reflection and innovation on development from diverse disciplinary and contextual perspectives and with the generous support of Ambassador Jenö Staehelin, the Graduate Institute has launched in 2014 the Advancing Development Goals Contest, an international competition for graduate students.
The idea is to gather contributions that are both theoretically grounded and offer pragmatic solutions to a relevant international development problem stemming from an interdisciplinary collaboration between 3 to 5 enrolled master students from anywhere in the world.
- Participants of the ADG Contest must be enrolled graduate students at the time of their registration;
- Participants must gather in teams of 3 to 5 graduate students who can contribute from at least two different disciplinary perspectives to the submitted analysis;
- No participation on an individual basis will be admitted.
- The winning project will receive a cash prize of CHF 10,000 (ten thousand Swiss Francs or approx. US$11’000). The second place will receive CHF 5,000 CHF and the third, CHF 2,500 CHF;
- Three finalist teams will be invited (travelling and accommodation expenses covered) to an oral presentation in Geneva, where they will defend their ideas and answer questions from the jury and the public.
How to Apply?
The registration deadline is simply the date by which we need you to fill in the application form below, and send us your proof of enrollment Following which you have entire two months to prepare your proposals, which are due by the submission deadline.
Register now, Submit later!
Registration for teams ends on 25th May 2017 and submissions are due by the 31st July 2017.