Developed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship Program provides annual training for future foreign decision-makers in the public and private sectors in degree programs at the Master's and Doctoral levels. Applications are submitted exclusively by French higher education institutions.
PRESENTATION OF THE FRANCE EXCELLENCE EIFFEL SCHOLARSHIP
The France Excellence Eiffel scholarship program is a tool developed by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs to assist French institutions of higher education in attracting the best foreign students to Master's and Doctoral/Phd degree programs.
It trains future foreign decision-makers from the private and public sectors in priority areas of study.
Areas of Study
The two main disciplinary fields for the France Excellence Eiffel scholarships cover the following seven areas of study for the Master's and Doctorate elements:
For Science and Technology
- Biology and Health
- Ecological Transition
- Mathematics and Digital
- Engineering Sciences
For Humanities and Social Sciences
- History, French language and civilization
- Law and political science
- Economics and management
Levels of Study
French higher education institutions who submit candidates to the France Excellence Eiffel program agree to enroll them:
- in courses leading to a master's degree
- in an engineering program
- in a joint doctoral program (joint supervision of dissertation and/or dual degree), in partnership with a partner institution abroad.
Duration of the scholarship
- a maximum of 12 months when enrolling in an M2
- a maximum of 24 months when enrolling in an M1
- a maximum of 36 months for the completion of an engineering degree
The France Excellence Eiffel scholarship is awarded for a period of maximum 6 to 36 months starting on September 1 of the year the scholarship is awarded.
France Excellence Eiffel scholarship holders receive a monthly allowance of €1,181, to which is added several services: International transportation, national transportation, insurance, housing searches, cultural activities, etc.
France Excellence Eiffel scholarship holders receive a monthly stipend of €1,700 to which is added several services:: international transportation, national transportation, insurance, housing searches, cultural activities, etc.
For both elements of the program, tuition fees are not covered by the France Excellence Eiffel program.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FRANCE EXCELLENCE EIFFEL SCHOLARSHIP
- Contact Campus France in your country of origin or the French Embassy's Cooperation and Cultural Action Department, who can guide you and advise you on your study plans.
- To learn about the procedures and deadlines for submitting an application, contact the international relations department of a French institution via its website, by e-mail or by telephone.
- It's up to you to choose the school or university that best fits your plans for studying in France.
All French higher education institutions can submit applications.
- The institution accepts and supports your application for the France Excellence Eiffel scholarship
- The institution submits your application online via the dedicated Campus France website
Applications sent directly by students or by foreign institutions will be declared ineligible.