6-12 May 2019 | Bornheim-Walberberg, Germany
We are glad to invite you to participate in YOCOMO 2 – the training course that works with ETS YOuth worker COmpetence MOdel in order to enable youth workers to reflect on and develop their competences with a focus on their attitudes and behaviours.
YOCOMO 2 intends principally to offer you as youth worker a space to reflect and exchange on your practice and understanding with regard to developing attitudes. What does it imply? What does that mean in the context of competences? How do attitudes relate to behaviours? What triggers the change of attitude? How can they be further developed? How do I know that my attitude has changed?
The MAIN PURPOSE is to offer you an opportunity to be curious about your core attitudes as a youth worker and become aware of what is present and where you would like to develop further, in your professional practice.
The course will explore:
– Attitudes and behaviours: what lies beneath?
– Their role in the ETS competence model for youth workers
– Curiosity, inner-readiness, awareness… a few aspects that are essential when working on attitude and behaviours
– The importance of reflection and self-reflective practice
– The link with your professional practice
– you are a youth worker and you already have experience with international mobilities, but want to develop your competences further,
– you are interested to experience working with the ETS competence model for youth workers and developing within,
– you are particularly curious and motivated to explore how attitudes and behaviours can impact your work with young people,
– you are looking for a great opportunity to meet other colleagues and share, exchange, support and evolve
YOCOMO 2 might be for you!
The course is designed for youth workers or those active in youth work on a regular basis, actively involved in activities with young people and in designing, implementing and evaluating pedagogical activities for young people, particularly those linked with the mobility of young people. As participant, you will be asked to direct your own learning and in particular, have the ability to self-assess your competences (attitudes, skills, knowledge and behaviours). All participants must have a structure that supports them (NGO, school, municipality, youth centre, etc.). A fairly good knowledge of English is necessary, since it is the working language.
Note: because YOCOMO courses are still part of a pilot experience, we are looking for participants who are able to provide conductive and constructive feedback and recommendation after the course.
YOCOMO2 is based on a long-term format and blended learning, meaning that they include:
– One residential course of 5 days (arrivals on the 6th of May, working days on 7-11, departures on the 12th of May);
– Pre online course starting from the beginning of April (to start exploration and orientation, define learning needs, engage with others) – approximately 8 – 10 hours in total;
– Post online course in between the residential and the consolidation seminar (to experiment, harvest and further learn) – approximately 8 – 10 hours in total;
Because of its experimental nature, YOCOMO 2 includes a final consolidation meeting of about 2 working days spread over 3 days (from lunch to lunch with a full day in between). The dates are 16-18 September 2019. Applying to the course also means that you commit to participate in that meeting as well (should your NA not be able to cover those extra travel costs, let us know but this is not an obstacle to apply for the course).
The GENERAL APPROACH is based on the principles of non-formal learning and the course strongly supports reflection and self-directed learning.
TEAM OF TRAINERS
The team for YOCOMO 2 are Monika Kezaite, Salvi Greco and Snežana Bačlija Knoch. Following the selection process, the training team will contact the selected participants with specific information and tasks regarding the further development of the programme, which include online learning as well.
YOCOMO2 is the second pilot training course based upon and articulated around the ETS Competence Model for Youth Workers to Work Internationally, developed in the context of the European Training Strategy (ETS) by SALTO T&C RC – www.salto-youth.net/rc/training-and-cooperation/tc-rc-nanetworktcs/youthworkers-competence-model/
The YOCOMO pilot courses are developed as a support for youth workers in their competence development. Each course – 3 in total – focus on different dimensions and levels of complexity of the competence model. The pilot experience will end early 2020 and is meant to support fine-tuning and developing the final versions of the courses based on the competence model for youth workers.
Available downloads: Concept_102018_YOCOMO.pdf
Application deadline: February 17
Training overview: http://trainings.salto-youth.net/7690
This Training Course is for 25 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries , Western Balkan countries and recommended for Youth workers
Working language(s): English
Organiser: JUGEND für Europa (National Agency)
Co-organiser(s): SALTO Training and Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO Resource Centre)
Contact for questions: Gisele Evrard Markovic
Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs. NB! Learn about possible participation fee and other relevant rules.
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme or by your Regional SALTO Resource Centre. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
The hosting German National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.