How does religion influence peace and conflict in today’s world? Gain a better understanding of conflicts with religious dimensions and how they can be transformed.
swisspeace, in collaboration with the University of Basel, offers a Religion & Conflict Transformation Course in Basel from 06-08 November 2019.
In this course participants will:
- gain an understanding of concepts and key terms regarding religion related to peace and conflict and study how religions can drive conflict and promote peace.
- explore conflicts with a religious dimension through case studies of Myanmar, Iraq and of a Sub-Sahara African country.
- learn about approaches that address conflicts with a religious dimension and familiarize themselves with a conflict analysis tool designed for conflicts with religious dimensions.
- look into the roles religiously motivated actors play in conflict areas.
- become part of a network that deals critically with questions about religion, peace and conflict.
Visit our website to learn more about the leading experts contributing to this course.
Interested in participating? The number of participants is limited, so don’t hesitate and apply today.
Ps: You would like to go even further? Then apply now for the yearlong, modular CAS Civilian Peacebuilding Essentials program and lay the foundation for your next career step. Last applications will be accepted until 31 July 2019.