Now can we counter fragility and engage in statebuilding? Reflect on fundamentals of global public policy challenges.
swisspeace, in collaboration with the University of Basel, offers a “Fragility, Conflict & Statebuilding Course” in Basel on 16-18 October 2019.
During this course you will:
- draw lessons from links between concepts of violent conflict, fragility, state- and peacebuilding.
- understand the foundations of states and the construction of social and political legitimacy.
- learn about international policy responses to fragile and conflict-affected contexts.
- reflect on current methodologies proposed by international actors for working successfully in fragile contexts.
- exchange experience and become part of a community of practice.
Leading experts are contributing to this course:
- Prof. James Putzel, Department of International Development, London School of Economics & Political Science
- Dr. Claire McLoughlin, International Development Department, University of Birmingham (tbc)
- Dr. Dominik Balthasar, Sector Economist Peace & Fragility, KfW Development Bank
- Dr. Martina Santschi, Senior Researcher & Senior Program Officer, swisspeace Statehood Program
Interested in participating? The number of participants is limited, so don’t hesitate and apply today.