Training Course16-22 February 2020 | Dunboyne , Ireland
COMETS is a one-week course that supports advanced trainers to explore a certain competence area defined by the ETS Competence Model for Trainers. This edition focuses on ‘Designing Educational Programmes’.
To explore and reflect on one’s practice when designing educational programmes.
- To raise awareness on your personal and professional patterns when designing educational programme.
- To reflect educational programmes design concepts from different perspectives
- To understanding the complexities of designing educational programmes
- To explore ways to stimulate, support and empower groups through inspiring educational programmes
- To explore the roles and responsibilities of trainers regarding the impact of educational programme.
- To explore how the design of educational programmes is influenced by the principles and values of Non Formal Learning.
The competences that this COMETS tackles are:
- Choose and designing appropriate methods for collection, interpreting and disseminating information
- Developing an educational approach based on the principles and values of non-formal learning
- Designing an evaluation process and impact assessment
- Integrating ICT, e-learning and other tools and methods into the educational activity
- Transferring knowledge or values related to the activity to learners
- Integration learners’ socio-political backgrounds into the education programme
COMETS is a training for trainers format which provides trainers, advanced in the implementation of international trainings for youth workers, with opportunities to come together to reflect upon, discuss and develop further on different competence areas of the ETS competence model. In the context of COMETS, ‘advanced’ means that trainers-learners have the capacity to direct their own learning and in particular, the ability to self-assess their own competences and review their own training practice.
COMETS is part of the NA Strategic Partnership <Trainer Competence Development> supporting competence development of trainers and herewith the quality of the training courses for youth workers implemented by these trainers.
Further reading is available about
_ COMETS: www.salto-youth.net/COMETS
_ Trainer Competence Development project: www.salto-youth.net/TCDproject
_ ETS Competence Model for Trainers: www.salto-youth.net/trainercompetences
Arrivals and departures:
Please note that arrivals are foreseen by the 16th evening (by dinner time which is at 19:30) and departures are foreseen on the 22nd morning.
Application deadline: November 16
Training overview: http://trainings.salto-youth.net/8362
This Training Course is for 24 participants from Russian Federation, Eastern Partnership countries , Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries , Western Balkan countries and recommended for Trainers
Accessibility info: This activity and venue place are accessible to people with disabilities.
Working language(s): English
Organiser: Leargas (National Agency)
Co-organiser(s): SALTO Training and Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO Resource Centre)
Contact for questions: Carmel Walsh
Phone: +35318771202Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs. NB! Learn about possible participation fee and other relevant rules.
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
Unless specified otherwise, the hosting National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Please contact your National Agency (NA) or SALTO Resource Centre (SALTO) in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.