The European Commission proposes 2 types of traineeship: an Administrative Traineeship or a Translation Traineeship with the Directorate-General for Translation (DGT).
The traineeship programme is open to all eligible candidates whatever their citizenship, regardless of their sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, membership of a national minority, disability, age or sexual orientation. You can find more about equal opportunities on this page.
Trainees work all over the European Commission, its services and agencies, mostly in Brussels, but also in Luxembourg and elsewhere across the European Union.
Subsequent career opportunities may vary between these different entities.
The nature of your work will depend on the service you are assigned to.
You may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy, translation, etc.
What does a trainee’s daily work consist of?
- Attending and organising meetings, working groups, and public hearings
- Researching, drafting and editing documentation – including reports and consultations
- Answering citizens’ inquiries
- Supporting the management of projects
- Translating, revising translations or researching terminology
What do we expect from you?
- An open-minded approach to European issues
- An interest in learning about the Commission’s working methods
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
- To contribute to the Commission’s daily work from a fresh perspective
- A proactive attitude
Registration is open for the March 2023 session
Apply from 20 July 2022 at 12:00 midday Central European Summer Time (CEST)
until 31 August 2022 at 12:00 midday (CEST)