Youth Peace Activism Program: “The Future we want”, is a regional project by forumZFD (Forum Civil Peace Service) in Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia and Kosovo in close partnership with Youth Center Gornji Vakuf-Uskoplje, Nansen Dialogue Centre Sarajevo and other relevant partners in North Macedonia and Kosovo.
This project aims to educate and train future young peace activists while strengthening civic identity and social responsibility by using new tools, skills, and knowledge gained through the intercultural exchange, creative learning and dialogue. Young trained peace activists from communities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia and Kosovo will cooperate and actively engage in their localities to challenge stereotypes, prejudices and ethnocentric narratives concerning the local and regional past. In Bosnia and Herzegovina, 20 young future peace activists from Gornji Vakuf-Uskoplje, Mrkonjić Grad, Jajce and Prozor-Rama will be selected and be part of the program.
Planned Program activities: (for the period: July-December 2019)
– Getting to know each other: Team-building workshops and activities (in BiH): A formed group of 20 future peace activists from BiH will plan, work together and support each other while implementing local activities. This all-day kick-off meeting will be held on September 21st, 2019 in one of the 4 Project localities.
– Provide training and practical knowledge on topics as civic reposnsibility, non-violence, peace activism and inclusive culture of remembrance. At least 2 educational training will be organized aiming to develop creative joint initiatives and advocacy actions against discrimination, separatism and towards values of living together (open performances; theater play, video spots; campaigns etc.)
– Support local activities and visible performances on peacebuilding in communities of fellow peace activists together with experienced trainers, educators, artists and partners.
– 4 days Regional youth exchange: meeting and exchange with peace activists from BiH, North Macedonia and Kosovo in November 2019 ( in Serbia or Montenegro). This Regional Youth Exchange will offer space for intercultural exchange and peer learning, sharing of experiences from BiH, North Macedonia and Kosovo. The encounter will provide education and capacity building on project development and mapping joint future activities proposed by the youth.
– Alumni Network “Youth Together”. The regional Alumni Network “Youth Together” is a social platform for exchange and cooperation on further projects and peace initiatives among young peace activists with focus on strengthening cross-country neighborly relations.
How to apply?
- If you are from the municipalities of Gornij Vakuf-Uskoplje, Prozor Rama, Jajce or Mrkonjić Grad;
- if you are between 15 and 20 years old and speak English;
- if you want to become a responsible and efficient peace activist, educated in non violent conflict transformation and constructive dealing with the past, trained in youth project writing, in development and implementation of innovative and creative actions in your municipality;
- if you are interested in learning and exchange with your peers from the Western Balkans;
- if you believe in the future of BiH and want to make the difference in your community by challenging divisions, prejudices and discrimination together with your peers from the neighboring countries
Then you are the One to join our Program “The Future we want”
20 interested young people between 15 and 20 years old, fulfilling the criteria and who are from or live in Gornij Vakuf-Uskoplje, Prozor-Rama, Jajce or Mrkonjić Grad; are invited to fill in the application form below, signed by the applicant (and if minor under 18 years old, also fill in and let sign the Parental consent below by both parents). Please send the documents to Michele Parente (forumZFD in BiH) at: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than September 11th, 2019.
The total of 20 participants (approx. 5 from each of the 4 municipalities mentioned above) will be selected and notified by the Project organizers by September 13th, 2019. A first program kick-off daily workshop with the selected young project participants will be held in BiH on September 21st, 2019.
Costs and expenses: The organizers will cover all the costs of travel, accommodation, meals and activities during the Project in 2019. The participation by the youth in all the activities is on voluntary base and without remuneration.
For any additional information needed or question, please contact forumZFD in BiH: Michele Parente, Project Manager via the email: email@example.com.