Deadline: 15 February 2020
Do you want to discover the world? if yes, then ZIS Foundation Travel grant is the right choice.
ZIS Foundations is currently inviting applications for Young people across the world who want to go travelling off the beaten track with an independently planned project. As, it is their journey, they have to decide which travel topic will best suit them. whether It’s art, nature, politics or sports.
zis wants to enable young people to prove themselves outside school standards and to autonomously shape their own projects. zis is first and foremost an experiential learning concept. Intercultural education plays a part just as the desire to make young people more autonomous. On the other hand zis scholarships have enabled many young people to travel who could not have afforded it otherwise.
About 30 volunteer mentors from various professions work for the zis Foundation. Most of them have gone on a zis journey themselves. their tasks include the selection and supervision of the travel projects. they meet every year in March to select the new travel projects and discuss the previous year’s trips.
- The foundation will give 600 euros totally independent of their academic achievement, their parents or nationality.
Before the Journey
- If application is shortlisted, They will no longer be on their own in the further preparation of their trip. They will be supported and personally mentored by a person who has extensive experience with zis journeys. They will give them tips, answer their questions and, ultimately, approve their scholarship as soon as their plans have matured.
During the Journey
- As soon as they ‘ve started their journey, They ’ll have to stand on their own two feet. They’ll organise their time, manage their expenses and find their contacts. Their topic will be their key to the country and its people. They will gather impressions and experiences and visit people who have something to say about their topic. They’ll see how it’s possible to immerse themselves in the culture of their host country in only 4 weeks. Their travel diary, in which they’ll capture their daily impressions, will be their constant companion.
After the Journey
- After their return, they‘ll have three months to summarise their impressions and experiences in a project report, a piece of art or craft or an alternative documentation. They should report on what they discovered about their topic on the journey, and how the trip changed their perspective and views. they can be creative and illustrate their topic with pictures or other material. Producing an artistic piece of work is another great way of capturing their experiences and questions surrounding their journey topic.
- Applicants must be 16 and 20 years old;
- Applicants can be from all nationalities.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.zis-reisen.de/en/your-journey/
Source: Funds for NGOs