Deadline: 30 November 2019
Yesod is currently inviting applicants for its Professional Development Fund to support Jewish community professionals and educators in Europe to develop their professional skills and Jewish fluency.
Yesod is dedicated to strengthening the future of Jewish Europe by investing in key individual Jewish community professionals and educators to create sustainable and meaningful European Jewish community life.
- Funds from $250 – $2,000 (US Dollars) will be awarded on a one-time basis for applications from eligible individuals in the calendar year.
- The funds must be spent within 8 months of receiving fund confirmation from Yesod.
- Funds will be paid directly to the organization, trainer or consultant providing the professional development service. Money will not be received directly by the applicant.
- Jewish Education Training – Learn the skills to be a Jewish educator, including educational philosophy and pedagogy, by studying for a Masters degree in Jewish Education or by taking a Hebrew ulpan class.
- Professional skills development – grow their personal toolkit of professional skills that are critical for success.
- Peer visits – travel to visit a peer organization in another community and learn from their best practices as well as develop stronger networks for collaboration.
- One-to-One Consultation or Coaching – work one-to-one with a professional consultant or coach in order to improve skills such as strategic planning, communication, supervision and management, or work-life balance.
Funds will be awarded to Jewish community professionals and educators who:
- Work professionally in Jewish organizations of all types, including (but not limited to) youth organizations, Jewish Community Centers (JCCs), synagogues, welfare and cultural organizations. The work may be part-time, but should be at least 16 hours per week.
- Are based in one of the following European countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
- Have at least 6 months of experience working professionally in the Jewish community.
- Have not already had a successful application to this fund in the same calendar year.
- Funds will not be granted for training/learning opportunities that have already taken place or for those that are already supported in other ways by the Yesod partner organisations.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://yesodeurope.eu/yesod-professional-development-fund-2/#section-2
Source: Funds for NGOs