REF is seeking partner organizations for the implementation of innovative pilot projects that would be in line with REF’s strategic framework and mission.
Call for Proposals
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia
Call open until February 29, 2020
The Roma Education Fund’s (REF) mission and goal is to contribute to closing the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma. In order to achieve this goal, the organization supports policies and programs which ensure quality education for Roma through scholarships, grant making and advocacy activities.
The objectives of REF include:
- Expanding Roma children’s access to quality early childhood education and care;
- Improving primary education outcomes for Roma children aged six to fourteen;
- Boosting academic performance and graduation rates from secondary education for Roma pupils;
- Supporting access to tertiary education, improving graduation levels and strengthening identity of Roma university students, and
- Expanding employment opportunities for young Roma adults.
The Roma Education Fund provides two types of grants:
- Solicited grants to REF’s strategic partners (Ministries, Central European University, RomaVersitas programs and REF’s Toy Library Network) which serve to achieve mid-term goals of REF’s strategy, institutionalization and policy ownership of REF branded models of intervention.
- Unsolicited (competitive) grants aimed towards innovations, piloting and essential interventions in education.
This Call for Proposal is for unsolicited pilot project proposals only and interested applicants can apply for:
- Innovative grant proposals between EUR 20,000-50,000 aligned with REF’s Strategic Framework (2021-2030) (Section 1).
- Advocacy grant proposals up to EUR 25,000 aligned with REF’s Strategic Framework (2021-2030) (Section 2)
Applicants can submit only one pilot project proposal within each category either as an applicant or a partner. The Roma Education Fund will automatically mark as ineligible all applications submitted by the applicants, if more than one is received per each category.
Please find the complete Call for Innovative Proposals and Advocacy Grants 2020 here.
External Documents (Available to Download):
Glossary of Terms_REF
List of Active Grants _ GRANT DPT
List of Active Grants DGN
Organizational Eligibility Assessment_REF
Project Implementation and Monitoring Plan_REF
Application – Call for Innovation Proposals 2020_REF
Budget Table_Grant reporting guidelines_REF