World Vision is an international Christian relief and development agency working in more than 100 countries around the world for well being of people especially children.
World Vision together with partners is currently responding to the refugee situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina by providing activities for children in Child Friendly Spaces (CFS) in Refugee Center Usivak and other refugee centers across BiH.
World Vision also intends to expand its work in TRC Usivak through informal education services aimed to increase prospects for integration of migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers in BiH. In order to respond efficiently and effectively, the organization is looking for committed and qualified candidates from BiH to be engaged as
SPANISH LANGUAGE TEACHER
1 position, location: Hadzici, TRC Usivak.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
Spanish Language Teacher will be responsible for overall implementation of Spanish Language course in TRC Usivak:
- Responsible for preparation of class/project activities (preparing Curriculum of Language Course lessons, scheduling classes)
- Responsible for conducting Language course classes for migrants accommodated in Ušivak TRC
- Assistance to Information Desk Facilitator in enrollment of migrants at Language course
- Documenting the progress of class/project activities (to keep track of the number of persons participated in course, maintaining attendance lists at classes, providing information on status of Language course)
- Establishing collaborative relationships with other stakeholders, operating in TRC Ušivak
- Working collaboratively with WV BiH Emergency Response staff and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Preparing relevant inputs for project reports
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- A person with at least 1 year of experience working as a language teacher and/or in NGO sector
- Proven experience in conducting Spanish language classes;
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, and other internet applications
- At least Bachelor degree in Roman languages
- Fluent English, written and spoken, is additional value
- Attuned to Child Protection issues, especially in emergencies, preferred
- Willingness to travel daily
- Prior experience in working cross culturally or with migrants preferred
- Willingness to work in specific environment (e.g. refugee camp, mobile space-container)
- In line with WV Core Values (https://www.wvi.org/vision-and-values)
Staff member will be engaged on services agreements and fixed period of time. Also, staff will work with WV BIH representative and WV BiH staff and will coordinate all daily and weekly duties.
All candidates interested for the above engagement, should send their short CVs, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application for all above position is January 18, Friday. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
It is a matter of urgency to have staff available and engaged in the field, so World Vision reserves the right to fill the positions prior to expiration of the advertisement for the above mentioned positions.
For more information about positions, please call World Vision International BiH, office in Sarajevo, HR Department on +387 33 660 426.
Trajanje oglasa:7 dana (ističe 18.01.2019.)