Duty Station: Sarajevo , Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 14 December 2022
Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Contract type: SST Graded
Contract duration: 9 months, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 89-11/22
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – the UN Migration Agency – is the leading inter- governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM, together with the international community, assists the population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future. Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a wide range of migration related areas, including, amongst others, the protection of vulnerable migrants; border management; assisted voluntary return; diaspora; technical assistance on migration management; disaster risk reduction and recovery.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and SRMO, and under direct supervision of the Senior Procurement Assistant the incumbent will implement the procurement activities in IOM Bosnia and Herzegovina in strict observance of the IOM Rules and Regulations and procurement rules.
- Assist implementing and coordinating the procurement activities of the IOM mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Collect bids or quotations based on requests from various sections for purchase/service and analyze them in accordance with Procurement guidelines based on competitive prices, delivery time, quality of service and vendors’ credentials.
- Ensure efficient delivery and disposition of quality goods / works / services.
- Receive and inspect incoming supplies, equipment, services in accordance with the Purchase Requisition and or Purchase Order
- Assist monitoring procurement processes including those handled by third party agents.
- Assist the SRMO in monitoring of administrative and operational requirements, and initiate action to fulfil and control those requirements in accordance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Assist in research, develop formal submissions/recommendations with respect to issues involving supply contract claims.
- Assist in the review of market research and best practices in contract development and adapting such practices to procedures and requirements.
- Assist in preparation of contracts related to procurement of various goods and services and ensure that IOM LEG approved templates are used in line to IOM instructions and regulations.
- Assist in the allocation and control of all equipment and materials received, stored and distributed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or, University degree in finance, economics, accounting, business administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in administrative support or similar roles.
- Previous work experience in UN and international organizations is an advantage
- Working experience on an ERP system preferably on SAP would be a distinct advantage
- Work experience in Finance and Administration preferable in the field of procurement and inventory.
- Knowledge of the IOM procurement rules, procedures and regulations an asset
- Valid driving license for this position is mandatory.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
Language(s): Fluency in English and in one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter) electronically by email to: email@example.com. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Subject: SVN 89-11/22
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 30 November 2022. Posting period: 17 November – 30 November 2022.
As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, external candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite of taking up position as a staff member in the GS category is right of residence and right to work in the country of the duty station at the time of application.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.