Duty Station: Sarajevo , Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 30 November 2022
Position Title: IT Assistant (Information Technology Assistant (Helpdesk, Data Base admin and Developer)
Contract type: SST Graded
Contract duration: 9 months, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 90-11/22
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – the UN Migration Agency – is the leading inter- governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM, together with the international community, assists the population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future. Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a wide range of migration related areas, including, amongst others, the protection of vulnerable migrants; border management; assisted voluntary return; diaspora; technical assistance on migration management; disaster risk reduction and recovery.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and direct supervision of Senior Resource Management Officer, as well as in close coordination with ICT Unit in the RO and Manila, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Support IOM staff in IOM offices and its remote sites with day to day IT activities ensure competency to access and use of IT system;
- Setup and maintain the mission IT equipment to assure data integrity, security, and availability; Diagnose equipment problems; liaise with the supervisor regarding repair or replacement and maintain the internet connections for IOM Office and its remote sites.
- Maintain the systems, subsystems, and modules of mission databases in accordance with the needs and requirements of each program and project; Run Database queries and procedures.
- Provide user support and training to use, operation, and maintain the databases and assist in the implementation of all auxiliary subsystems and modules ; provide user support and training to use MS Windows, and MS Office, as well as for other programs used in the Mission;
- Provide user support and training to use the SMART CAMP Application.
- Maintain the backup/restore, data validation and security procedures to assure data integrity and availability.
- Install and administer the corporate security system for a various system and network components, including access to internet, protection against viruses, etc.
- Provide helpdesk support to users when needed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or, University degree in IT from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant working experience
- Previous experience in system administration;
- Excellent knowledge in using MS O365.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in using of MySQL and database administrator.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud base solution;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in developing web and mobile application;
- Four years’ experience in the same field.
- In depth knowledge of software development and system administration
- Knowledge of developing web and mobile applications
Language(s): Fluency in English and in one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter) electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Subject: SVN 90-11/22
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 30 November 2022. Posting period: 17 November – 30 November 2022.
As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, external candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite of taking up position as a staff member in the GS category is right of residence and right to work in the country of the duty station at the time of application.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.