Vacancy Announcement open to internal and external candidates
Duty Station: Banja Luka, Bijeljina, Visegrad, Canton 10, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 26 September 2021
Position Title: Migrant Protection Assistant – Mobile Teams
Contract type: Special Short-Term Ungraded (SST UG)
Number of positions: multiple
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 46-09/21
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – the UN Migration Agency – is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM, together with the international community, assists the population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future. Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a wide range of migration related areas, including, amongst others, the protection of vulnerable migrants; border management; assisted voluntary return; diaspora; technical assistance on migration management; disaster risk reduction and recovery; the prevention of violent extremism (PVE); and transitional justice (reparations).
Under the direct supervision of the Emergency Area Coordinator and the overall supervision of the National Emergency Coordinator , the candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Facilitate the registration and re-registration of migrants without status, the day-to-day operations run by the Service for Foreigners’ Affairs (SFA) to address the needs of migrants in vulnerable situations accommodated outside of the Temporary Reception Centres .
- Observe, monitor, and contribute to the screening of migrants and ensure ethical referral of migrants in vulnerable situations, particularly potential victims of trafficking, exploitation and abuse, to appropriate and adequate protection and other services.
- Monitor and report shifting migration trends, particularly related to migrant vulnerabilities and assistance needs.
- Provide Psychological First Aid to migrants in need.
- In coordination with the SFA, provide safe transportation of vulnerable migrants to the services and accommodation facilities defined by the SFA.
- Implement flow monitoring surveys to collect relevant migration-related data to be available through the IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix.
- Conduct and participate in AVRR outreach and information activities, carry out regular counselling and interview sessions with AVRR beneficiaries and undertake logistical preparations for their return and reintegration in their countries of origin.
- Regularly prepare reports on provided assistances and other implemented activities, specifying number and types of assistances provided.
- Coordinate migrant response with all actors which provide support for migrants, including government and civil society institutions, NGOs and/or international organizations present in the field.
- Identify constraints and obstacles to the implementation of the project, propose measures to adjust project routines and activities to better suit the project objectives and overall goals.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: Studies in related fields, such as social studies, psychology, political science, international relations, or development studies with 2 (two) years of professional experience, or
Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 4 (four) years of relevant professional experience.
Work experience in social work, assistance of vulnerable populations, or case management scenarios.
Experience in working with foreign nationals, irregular migrants, trafficked persons, children, and/or other vulnerable populations.
Experience in counselling, networking, and ensuring access to services.
Excellent understanding and application of ethical practices within the disciplines and a good understanding of rights-based approaches.
Proficient in computer applications.
Good written and spoken communications skills.
Good interpersonal skills, high loyalty, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and good working in team.
Driving licence is essential for this position.
In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
Desirable: Working knowledge of Arabic, Farsi, Kurdish, Pashto, Urdu, Dari, Punjabi, Turkish.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter ) electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
IOM CV Form – Personal History Form
Subject: SVN 46-09/21
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 26 September 2021.
Posting period: 10 September 2021 – 26 September 2021
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit in possession of time of recruitment, as applicable.
Sunday, September 26, 2021