VACANCY NOTICE: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (m/f)
Development Professionals, Inc. (DPI) is seeking a long-term Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist for a USAID-funded Judiciary Against Corruption Activity in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The USAID Judiciary Against Corruption Activity (JACA) is a five-year rule of law initiative with the performance period from September 2019 through September 2024. An overarching purpose of the Activity is to help BiH judiciary to strengthen capacities to effectively prosecute high profile corruption, economic and organized crime cases. Another main purpose is to prevent corruption in judicial institutions and to strengthen their integrity. JACA will focus its support to a selected number of courts and prosecutor’s offices in BiH and during its work will cooperate with High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council of BiH (HJPC) and Entities’ Judicial and Prosecutorial Training Centres (JPTC).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead strategy and development of the monitoring, evaluation and learning plan;
- Lead the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan including the development of baseline data, indicators and preparing surveys with local subcontractors and others;
- Manage data capture and reporting processes per the approved Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP), and maintain all databases relating to project performance monitoring;
- Manage the M&E team, including staff mentoring and performance evaluation, so that M&E-related reports and other work products are delivered on time and meet project requirements;
- Work with Chief of Party and component leaders to monitor progress of workplan activities and track and evaluate per the M&E plan;
- Create learning processes that create a feedback loop for developing and refining best practices and lessons learned as the project develops;
- Contribute to development of Work Plans and implementation of WPs activities in relation to monitoring and evaluation processes to be introduced in partners’ work practice;
- Design and implementation of evaluations and surveys.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Economics or related field required, Master’s degree preferable;
- Ability to provide expert guidance on performance monitoring in challenging development environments;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience conducting monitoring and evaluation, research, survey, and data collection in the democracy and governance sector;
- Demonstrated track record of successful collaborations with various counterparts, beneficiaries, and stakeholders, including government officials, USAID representatives, private sector associations, local universities, etc.;
- Advanced expertise of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience with MEL information tracking system, data collection and analysis tools, USAID platforms preferred;
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, written and oral English;
- Candidates with previous experience serving in this capacity on a justice sector reform project are strongly preferred;
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is considered an asset;
- Bosnian citizenship.
The selected candidate will be awarded a six-month contract with the possibility of extension.
We look forward to receiving your CV and a motivation letter under the reference “MEL Specialist” to firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 6, 2020 the latest.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.