EMIS Assistant RS
Location : BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Application Deadline : 12-Sep-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : October 2019 – July 2020
Expected Duration of Assignment : Nine months – up to 100 working days
NOTE: Signed Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability – http://www.ba.undp.org/content/dam/bosnia_and_herzegovina/docs/Operations/Jobs/Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability.docx – to be sent to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Job ID 87260.
The GCF Funded Climate Change Mitigation Project “Scaling-up Investment in Low-Carbon Public Buildings” aims to overcome barriers to investment in low-carbon retrofits of public buildings by addressing country and sector-specific investment risks, as follows:
- Output 1 will provide technical assistance (TA) to public and private sector stakeholders at municipal, cantonal, entity and national level in BiH to help address non-financial barriers, and to create conducive policies, regulations and capacities for implementation of the National Investment Framework for Low-Carbon Public Buildings.
- Output 2 will facilitate implementation of the National Investment Framework for Low-Carbon Public Buildings, including the required investment support to improve risk-return profiles and to bring prospective low-carbon building projects to financial close.
Overall, the project will result in a direct reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of 2,02 million tCO2e over the lifetime of the investments enabled, at a cost to the GCF of US$ 9/tCO2e. Within the Project, the EMIS – Energy Management Information System will be used in prioritization of the different investments by energy savings, energy related costs and by pay-back period, making it easier to prioritize between different investment opportunities. EMIS is a software application for the monitoring and analysis of energy consumption in public sector buildings and is an essential tool for systematic energy management.
It consists of web applications and databases that can be accessed via the Internet. Accessibility EMIS -in via the Internet provides easy entry of data which could be easily analyzed and printed in the form of graphs and reports. The main purpose of the system is dynamic monitoring of energy and water consumption in the facility. Input data include all data related to buildings; the general characteristics of the building; energy systems in the building; daily readings from the meter (remotely or manually entered) and the monthly bills for consumed energy and water. In order to better analysis and calculations of indicators of consumption were integrated and climate data. Based on the input data user shall take appropriate energy efficiency measures that result in energy and financial savings.
EMIS has been already developed (by UNDP Croatia) and widely used in Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
EMIS Assistant will assist to Environmental Fund in RS, energy associates, energy managers and other relevant stakeholders in day-to-day implementation of the EMIS in Bosnia and Herzegovina, especially in smooth collaboration with local implementing partners. During the performance of the tasks, the EMIS Assistant will also be dealing and interacting with the representatives of public facilities in BiH and assisting in introducing EMIS (Energy Management Information System) application to users, and/or other target audience after the specialized training.
The incumbent will be based in Banja Luka, with half day obligatory presence at UNDP premises.
Duties and Responsibilities
The EMIS Assistant shall perform the following tasks:
Task 1: Call operator – communication with energy associates, energy managers and other relevant stakeholders, simple troubleshooting of EMIS, data entry controlling, data processing and simple analysis.
Task 2: Collect and analyze data for the building stock register of municipalities.
Task 3: Preparing and entering relevant data into EMIS. EMIS Assistant is expected to create register of buildings in EMIS and populate the data-base on buildings i.e energy and water consumption (bills for water/electricity/fuel/heat), and other related data. Data import and verification in the Energy Management Information System – EMIS application. Assist in implementation of other activities of EMIS implementation.
Task 4: Undertaking administrative tasks, verifying information and responding to queries.
Task 5: Assistance in monitoring-verification-reporting mechanisms.
Task 6: Providing support to the organization and delivery of EMIS trainings for energy associates /energy managers /end-users on data collection and entering into EMIS.
Other various technical and administrative matters related to GCF Project Manager.
All of the above listed tasks shall be performed under the supervision of Project Manager in cooperation with other project staff.
Deliverables and timelines
The consultant is responsible for the following deliverables:
|1||Report (min 1 pg.) on: Communication with energy associates, energy managers and other relevant stakeholders.Data on minimum 15 buildings entered into EMIS in a required format.Data on minimum 1000 bills (water/electricity/fuel/heat) entered into EMIS in a required format.||31 October 2019|
|2||Report (min 1 pg.) on: Communication with energy associates, energy managers and other relevant stakeholders.Data on minimum 15 buildings entered into EMIS in a required format.Data on minimum 1000 bills (water/electricity/fuel/heat) entered into EMIS in a required format.||15 December 2019|
|3||Report (min 1 pg.) on: Communication with energy associates, energy managers and other relevant stakeholders.Data on minimum 15 buildings entered into EMIS in a required format.Data on minimum 1000 bills (water/electricity/fuel/heat) entered into EMIS in a required format.||31 January 2020|
|4||15 March 2020|
|5||30 April 2020|
|6||15 May 2020|
|7||Final Report (min 6 pgs.) covering all activities in engagement period on: Communication with energy associates, energy managers and other relevant stakeholders.Data on minimum 90 buildings entered into EMIS in a required format.Data on minimum 6000 bills (water/electricity/fuel/heat) entered into EMIS in a required format.Provided support to the organization and delivery of at least 10 trainings in engagement period for energy associates /energy managers /end-users on data collection and entering into EMIS.||2 July 2020|
All of the above listed tasks shall be performed under the supervision of GCF Project Manager.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision-making;
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Technical Sciences (mechanical engineer, architect, civil engineer, electro engineer) or other relevant field.
- At least 2 year of experience providing technical and logistical support in implementing projects;
- Good knowledge of national and international standards related to energy efficiency legislation (EU and Bosnia and Herzegovina);
- Good knowledge in energy efficiency and energy management;
- Good written and verbal command of the Local languages and English language;
- Good knowledge of EMIS (Energy Management Information System) application;
- Familiarity with energy terminology;
- Familiarity with energy metering and invoicing;
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and email communication software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as drafting skills;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track and juggle multiple tasks;
- Familiarity with UN system and UNDP rules and procedures is an advantage.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 point would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
|Rating based on Qualifications||40%||40|
|Knowledge of relevant policies/documents/or other specific criteria and other requirements||30%||30|
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 60 points would be considered for Technical Evaluation
|Relevant Education||max 20 points (15 points allocated for BA/BSc degree; + 2.5 points for MSc/MA; + 5 points for PhD).|
|Relevant professional experience||Max 40 points|
|Prior work experience with UNDP/UN Agencies||max 20 points|
|Knowledge of English||max 20 points – will be assessed on the basis of methodology submitted|
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract
should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- * Technical Criteria weight-70%
- * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
Applicants are required to submit an application including:
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work
- Personal CV including relevant experience and contact details of at least 3 references;
Please scan all above mentioned documents and upload as one attachment only online through this website.
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and
culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with
disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated
with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact email@example.com.
More information: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=87260