“Terms of Reference for development of Electronic Case Management Database CDIP Portal (CDIPP), for the needs of Centre for the Development of Inclusive Practices (CDIPs) in Tuzla Canton.”
|Project name:||Inclusive4All- Inclusive education for all children in Bosnia and Herzegovina, code: AID 011522|
|Donor:||Italian Agency for cooperation and development (AICS)|
|Geographical focus:||Bosnia and Herzegovina, Tuzla Canton|
|Project location:||Bosnia and Herzegovina, Tuzla Canton|
|Project Duration:||May 1st 2018 – Januray 31st 2022|
|Lead Applicant:||Save the Children|
|Cooperating/implementing partners:||Ministry of Education and Science in Tuzla CantonAssociation VestaDepartment of Education Studies “Giovanni Maria Bertin”, University of Bologna (UNIBO)|
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the North-West Balkans and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met, and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Background and Rationale
Children with disabilities and their families are one of the most marginalised and excluded groups, often experiencing discrimination and violation of their rights guaranteed under the Convention on the Rights of the Child and Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. In Bosnia and Herzegovina, the medical approach to children with disabilities is still omnipresent, which focuses on a child’s disability rather than their potentials and environmental barriers, as well as the complementary charity approach which focuses on the provision of social welfare as the only means of community support. Children with disabilities often experience discrimination and social exclusion in every aspect of their lives, including negative beliefs, lack of knowledge, and discriminatory behaviour of others.
Although data on the number of children with disabilities is scarce, it is estimated that in Bosnia and Herzegovina there are over 70,000 children who have some form of disability. Over 7,500 of them live in Tuzla Canton.
The project: Inclusive4All – Inclusive education for all children in Bosnia and Herzegovina, code: AID 011522, funded by the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development (AICS), started on the 1st of May 2018. The project aims to enable children with disabilities to develop their potentials and fully enjoy their right to education and social inclusion.
Specifically, the project aims to reach the following three main results:
- Children with disabilities and their families have access to several diverse support services in Tuzla Canton;
- Tuzla Canton authorities are strengthened and supported in the review and adoption of the local strategy for the inclusion of children with disabilities in the regular education system;
- The population and civil society organisations of Tuzla Canton understand and support the bio-psycho-social model of educational and social inclusion of children with disabilities.
The purpose of this assignment is the development of the CDIP Portal (CDIPP). CDIPP is a web-based platform that will allow case management / electronic database to be used by the Centre for the Development of Inclusive Practices (CDIPs) and other users who are using data provided by CDIP centers.
The system will be centralized and accessible via a web browser, with no additional plugins required.
The electronic CDIPP is intended for CDIPs in Gradacac and Banovici, social service providers whose beneficiaries are children and parents. The aim of the CDIPP is to enable a systematic, operational and simple way to keep records of services users, services provided, and to analyse the entered data based on the given criteria.
1. Detailed requirements and wireframes (=mockups) of the database, explaining CDIP Services manipulation and handling, documents/uploads, individual service plan structure of the data in individual entities (with corresponding fields, relations and validation rules), detailed Save The Children Reports information (verified by Product Owner).
2. Software / Code (including all setup instructions on how to run it locally and how to deploy it in production). Functionality must be tested and confirmed by the Product Owner and Save The Children. The software should be developed according to this document and requirements and wireframes delivered as Deliverable #1 above.
3. Manual (PDF) – instructions on how to use the system
4. Training and Support – on-site training on how to use the system
5. Hosting and maintenance information (including the database backup). It is required to provide a hosting and maintenance offer that assumes 2 year of hosting and maintenance (starting on the date when application is live in production.
Timeframe of implementation
In order to complete the above-specified task, the consultant will be engaged from September the 14th 2020 to December 31st 2022. The consultant will develop and implement the work plan in consultations and with the SCINWB designated staff support, in line with the proposed timeframe below.
*Timeframe can be changed in consultations with SCINWB.
Formal Expression of Interest for Consultancy
The interested consultant should develop and submit the financial proposal to respond to above mentioned specific tasks. The proposal should include:
- Documented significant references, with referee contacts, of experience in development of similar systems or web-based platforms, database management, website development (as mentioned in table above)
- Bidder response document
- Financial offer (Excel Form SC-PR-10) which includes consultancy fee per day and number of days needed to complete the assignment and completed Proposal application
- Confirmation of the availability for the proposed dates and work dynamics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in SC Template-Bidder response document
Detailed Terms of Reference and necessary forms can be downloaded here
Please submit your expression of interest before the 10th of September 2020 at the following email address: Procurement.NWB@savethechildren.org.
Particular requirement: no person performing any task on behalf of Save the Children may in any way be involved in or connected with abuse or exploitation of children.