- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Requisition ID: FUN00003Y
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G6
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo
- Issue Date: Jul 26, 2022
- Closing Date: Aug 30, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
- Job Field: Information Technology and Information Management
- Target Start Date: 20 October 2022
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina (the Mission) continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Under the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer the incumbent will manage tasks that are associated with the daily operation of Mission’s LAN/WAN data and voice networks
and Communications systems, Mission servers and e-mail system and performs tasks defined by documented administration procedures in Network, Directory, Print/Output and Storage Administration.
The incumbent will provide continuous development of Mission’s LAN/WAN data and voice networks, e-mail system and troubleshoot.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
1. Network and System Administration
Participate in network planning, design, development, deployment, and modification; Prepare, configure and install network resources for test environment;
Prepare, install,configure, provide technical support, and maintain data and voice network components such as Cisco switches, Cisco routers, Cisco IP Phones, Cisco Voice Gateways, Cisco Call Manager Servers, Cisco Unified Call Manager Applications, Cisco ATA Devices;
Test and implement network upgrades and changes in coordination with other release team members; Participate in the production and user acceptance tests;
Document all changes to the system network; Coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware;
Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations; Responsible for the configuration, maintenance, monitoring and overall support of the VMware environment;
Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations; In coordination with Security Operational Centre perform the patch management process for all servers.
2. Technical Support
Handle first and second level service requests (eSupport tickets system) related to LAN/WAN, physical and virtual server environment, communications and e- mail system.
Conduct enrolment process on mobile devices for the OSCE Mission to BiH, Mission to Montenegro and HCNM using Mobile Device Management system in order to provide secure remote access to corporate resources (E-mail, network drives etc.).
Provide 1st Level Support for secure remote access to network resources via RSA Token devices for the Mission to BiH, Mission to Montenegro and HCNM. Act as 2nd Level support for RSA Token on organizational level;
Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults to provide continuous work of Mission services as well as ICT Shared Services (Shared Service Desk, Security Operation Centre, Oracle Service Desk).Monitors incident details, including the configuration items affected. Investigates and diagnoses incidents related to LAN/WAN and e-mail system (including resolution where possible); Query and update existing knowledge base;
Detect possible problems and notifies Problem Management; Prioritise and manage open cases and responding in a timely fashion.
Upload, create, track and electronically operate telephone bills distribution and payments for Mission staff;
Operate, maintain and provide support for all audio/video conferencing activities including the set-up of conferences with simultaneous translation in conference rooms.
3. Information Systems Monitoring
Monitor and control production systems such as, Local Intranet, Database system, ERP (Oracle) System, Docln, Global OSCE Intranet using OSCE standard monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti etc.).
Monitor and control service levels of network suppliers; Enable automated monitoring of system components; Follow data security procedures; Detect management events and raise alerts;
Execute documented operational procedures for event escalations; React and attempt to solve incidents or ensure that they are transferred for resolution;
Monitor network and systems performance in order to identify how and where performance can be improved.
4. Administration of Mission’s e-mail application
Monitor and administer Mission’s e-mail application to optimize availability and conformance to agreed service levels; Repair application, as needed
5. Storage Administration
Monitor disk and other storage media for availability and capacity; Execute routine tasks to ensure smooth running of storage servers and peripherals; Execute documented administration procedures for service quality assurance, and appropriate storage management security procedures;
Isolate and resolve faults associated with storage resources; Participate in production and pilot testing of storage resources;; Execute end-user backup and restoration;
Assist in execution of appropriate disaster recovery procedures when team work is required by performing routine tasks;
6. Directory Administration
Monitor Mission’s directories for capacity, availability and performance.
7. Print and Output Administration
Install, configure and monitor components of printers such as queues and spooler service and perform necessary actions when required;
8. Performs other related work as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina | OSCE
- Secondary education supplemented by technical training in computer, systems analysis or related sciences;
- Six (6) years of work experience in the area of information technology and network administration with increasing level of responsibility;
- Experience with the current industry networking technologies in large institutions or companies, preferably international, is an asset;
- Experience in providing technical training;
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco networking devices, TCP/IP networking, server hardware/peripherals, storage and network devices, Microsoft server and client operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory; Network cabling
- Extensive knowledge of communications system to include Cisco IP telephony (Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Voice Mail system), Audio/Video systems, Mobile phones, Fixed lines, Satellite Systems;
- Ability to personally carry out installation, maintenance and repair of ICT equipment as required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrate gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in difficult or sensitive situations;
- Possession of a valid driving license and willingness to drive official Mission vehicles.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,574.25 BAM. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see following link.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.