Search for Common Ground is establishing a roster of vetted external experts. Those selected will demonstrated capacity to provide technical support which are most relevant to programming around the world.
- Consultants are individuals who are not SEARCH employees;
- They are available to be engaged on an “as needed basis” to perform specific tasks within a specified duration and deliverables;
- Consultants must be able to sign an agreement;
- Consultants are expected to have sound skills and knowledge in their area of expertise in order to deliver a high level performance.
Applicants who do not meet these requirements but are interested in employment opportunities with Search For Common Ground are encouraged to check our current job openings at (https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/).
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in international development, peacebuilding, democracy building or their designated area of expertise.
- Proven expertise in relevant technical areas
- Proven speaking and writing ability in English, French or Arabic
- Ability to demonstrate quality of work through submission of past work samples in their area of expertise;
- A demonstration of their commitment to the Common Ground Approach, working across dividing with deep respect for all involved.
Areas of expertise as provided on the roster:
The roster will include selected pre-qualified external experts in the identified areas of expertise below:
- CAPACITY BUILDING ( development of training materials, training of trainers, “in-situ” training)
- MEDIA FOR PEACE BUILDING (conflict sensitive journalism, campaign design, media management, community radio development, social media, radio production, TV production including line production and script writing, comic books illustration, installation of new community radios, etc)
- ENGAGING REFUGEES AND IDPs (social cohesion between refugees and host communities, refugees/IDP camps, repatriation and reintegration of refugees, DRR, Education in emergencies, Protection, ECD in emergencies)
- GOVERNANCE AND SECURITY SECTOR REFORM (community policing, DDR, security forces accountability and collaboration with civilians, Citizen Protection, Human Rights, enhancing service delivery, accountability, citizen-government dialogue, institution building, strategic planning for government institutions)
- YOUTH ENGAGEMENT IN PEACE AND SECURITY (Youth leadership development, youth-led organizations, youth forums and councils, sports for peacebuilding, USCR 2250, youth mapping, education for peacebuilding, strategic planning for new programs targeting youth)
- MEDIATION AND PEACE ADVOCACY (Track I and Track II mediation, engaging political, religious and social leaders for peace, alternative dispute resolution, multi-stakeholder dialogue facilitation, conflict analysis and reporting, engaging religious leaders, policy advocacy)
- MINING SECTOR AND SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS (Voluntary Principles in mining sector, transparency and legal compliance, vertical and horizontal dialogue in mining sector)
- GENDER AND SGBV: Women Peace and Security, women’s participation in peace processes, positive masculinity, SGBV prevention, children born of conflict-related sexual violence, supporting local associations and community engagement to shift social norms)
- COUNTERING AND TRANSFORMING VIOLENT EXTREMISM (prevention of violent extremism and Insurgency, countering violent extremism and Insurgency, analysis of group dynamics in violent extremism, preventing and responding to radicalization, empowering vulnerable groups, reintegration of former extremists, government policy on CVE)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply using this registration form (answer in English or French). You must be signed into a gmail account to access the form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues submitting your application.
Note that you will be expected to attach your CV as well as 2 letters of recommendation from your previous contractors and three samples of previous work which demonstrate your expertise.
This solicitation will close on March 5th, 2019.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.