Supply Chain Coordinator – (2200077P)
The Opportunity- Supply Chain Coordinator, Sarajevo based -NATIONAL POST
The post holder will lead the Supply Chain function in the Country Office (CO) according to SCI policies and procedures in close technical coordination with Supply Chain in the Regional Office (RO). This position is responsible for effective supply chain support to programme implementation and field office operations according to the threshold of the Scheme of Delegation (SOD) and maintaining compliance with record keeping and reporting as per the system requirements.
You will proactively work with the Director of Finance and Support Services on key issues and help identify and implement solutions at the country office level. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
Bachelor university degree in business or Economy or any other related field. (practical experience equivalent will be considered) with substantial post-qualification experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least five years prior INGO experience in Supply Chain and/or operational management within a complex/large-scale country programme and in emergency response/humanitarian environments.
• Substantial experience in all technical areas of Supply Chain operations, including procurement, logistics, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management,
• Experience in developing/implementing a complex international supply chain to support different types of programmes and coordinating resources to meet the programme’s objectives
• Proven track record in managing and supervising others in the supply chain, including training, capacity building & mentoring
• Ability to synthesise and analyse complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
• Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with supply chain aspects of a programme, including strategic thinking, planning & donor relations
• Ability to build positive & productive relationships quickly with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
• Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
• Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English with experience in managing multicultural teams
• Ability to prioritise, plan ahead, and manage a complex and diverse workload with tight deadlines.
• Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• Excellent understanding of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Strong communication (written and spoken) in English
• Understanding Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
• Experience of working in an emergency context.
• Previous experience/exposure to automated systems for procurements.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Business Unit: SCI MEEE
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Work Location: CO – Sarajevo Ljubljanska 16 Sarajevo 71000
Job Category: Supply Chain
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 5, 2022