The International Committee of the Red Cross, Delegation in Bosnia and Herzegovina wishes to advise all potential candidates of the opening of a full-time position for:
RESTORING FAMILY LINKS FIELD OFFICER
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) helps people around the world affected by armed conflict and other violence, doing everything it can to protect their dignity and relieve their suffering. We also seek to prevent human suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and championing universal humanitarian principles.
Restoring family links (RFL) program: Conflict and disaster separate families, leading to years of uncertainty about the fate of a relative. The ICRC and the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies work together around the world to locate people and put them back into contact with their family members.
The ICRC delegation in Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the position described below.
The selected candidate will contribute to the implementation and monitoring of ICRC’s restoring family links program in Bosnia and Herzegovina. She/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assists the line manager in building up capacities of the Red Cross Society of BiH, particularly related to RFL services to migrants;
- Prepares trainings, meetings and technical processing of reports from the Red Cross Society of BiH and the field;
- Prepares and conducts field visits;
- Follows up individual RFL cases and requests;
- Frequently interacts with colleagues from the Red Cross Society of BiH, its local organizations and families seeking to re-establish their contacts with their relatives;
- Collects relevant statistical data and drafts reports;
- Carries out filing and archiving, as well as administrative tasks;
- Translates orally and in writing from BHS to English and vice versa.
- High school qualification (university degree in social science or humanities an asset)
- Proven experience of working in the humanitarian sector (three years’ experience in the field of Red Cross, civil society or social work an asset)
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (Pashto, Urdu, Farsi or Arabic an asset)
- Driving license B
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven analytical and reporting skills;
- Proven ability to work both constructively in teams and independently towards tight deadlines;
- Commitment and strong interest for humanitarian work, including frequent field work;
- Solution-oriented and well organized;
- Very good computer literacy (MS Office).
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the ICRC Delegation in Sarajevo by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 24 May 2019. Please include your motivation letter, detailed curriculum vitae and other relevant documents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trajanje oglasa: ističe 24.05.2019.