|Eligibility||Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Vacancy type||Full time position|
|Contract type||Fixed-term employment Agreement|
|Contract Duration||One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability|
|Application deadline||14 November, 2021|
|Starting date||As soon as possible, subject to the funding availability|
|Applications to be submitted email@example.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject line)|
AIRE Centre, in partnership with the Regional Anti-corruption Initiative (RAI) Secretariat, is implementing a regional project titled Combating corruption and organised crime in the Western Balkans through strengthening regional cooperation in asset recovery (hereinafter: Asset Recovery Project II). The Regional Asset Recovery Project II, launched in September 2021, will consolidate the successes of the previous regional asset recovery project by embedding improvements in regional cooperation into asset recovery practice in cases of corruption and serious and organised crime in the Western Balkans and ensuring the sustainability of asset recovery practice by expanding regional capacity in novel areas of cooperation in line with international best practice and standards. Jurisdictions covered by the project are Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Participation of Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova and Romania will also be ensured to the highest degree possible. More about the Phase I can be found at the following LINK.
The Project is financially supported by the UK Government.
The Regional Anti-Corruption Initiative (RAI) is an intergovernmental regional organization with nine member states: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia; and three observers: Poland, Georgia and Slovenia. Kosovo* institutions are the beneficiary of RAI activities. RAI’s mission is to lead regional cooperation to support anticorruption efforts by providing a common platform for discussions through sharing knowledge and best practices. RAI acts as a regional hub through which governments of the region combine their efforts to help curb corruption in South Eastern Europe (SEE). RAI Secretariat is based in Sarajevo and it is the executive body of the Initiative. It facilitates regional cooperation and efforts in curbing corruption in SEE by building on existing actions, through better coordination of all efforts, and by relying on high level political commitment.
The Advice on Individual Rights in Europe (AIRE Centre) is a non-governmental organisation based in the United Kingdom whose mission is to promote awareness of European legal standards and assist vulnerable and marginalised individuals in asserting them. In the Western Balkans, the AIRE Centre has an unrivalled record for delivering rule of law programmes for more than 15 years. The AIRE Centre works regularly at all levels from justice ministers, interior ministers and supreme courts to the judicial training centres/academies that are responsible for the formation of new judges in six key Western Balkans jurisdictions.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The Project Assistant will be responsible for operational management and administration of the Project implemented by AIRE Centre and RAI Secretariat.
More specifically, the Project Assistant will be in charge of the administration and logistics of the project implementation. The Project Assistant will assist Project Manager with various administrative tasks related to event organization, meetings preparation and maintaining network activities.
Additionally, the Project Assistant will maintain the Online Platform by updating and posting relevant content prepared by the team of project experts, and by proposing new ways of upgrading the platform. Platform is currently being developed as an online database that will contain important case law, examples of best practice, training materials and asset-recovery manuals.
The assignment will require frequent travel in the region, in accordance with restrictions caused by the outbreak of COVID-19.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Holds responsibility for the administration and logistics of the project implementation;
- Maintains the Online Platform by updating and posting relevant content and by proposing new ways of upgrading the platform;
- Supports the organisation and coordination of conferences, workshops and training programs;
- Facilitates agenda development and communication with beneficiaries;
- Coordinates with and supports Project Manager in overall management of the Project, including administrative and technical aspects thereof;
- Ensures appropriate donor visibility of all Project activities in accordance with the prescribed donor requirements;
- Promotes AIRE Centre and RAI mission and values at meetings and other regional events, in particular human rights-based approach and gender equality.
3. REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS I. Education
- University degree in management, business administration or public administration (alternatively University degree other social sciences field supported by substantive relevant experience in similar role related to project implementation will be accepted);
II. Experience and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in implementation of development projects in public sector or civil society in the SEE region;
- Work experience on administrative and logistical matters related to implementation of projects;
- Experience in assignments related to organization of conferences, workshops, and/or training programs;
- Experience in operating Web Content Management Systems (experience with WordPress would be considered an advantage) will be considered an advantage;
- Track record of similar assignments with donor-funded projects in the SEE region would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity in working with anti-corruption issues would be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral;
- Computer literacy (proficiency in use of office applications and social media, intermediate level in use of visual editing and creating tools).
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills with ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work;
- Ability to work in demanding environment and within limited time frames;
- Work well independently, and in teams to achieve collective goals through active participation;
- Ability to present ideas and plans clearly using the available resources;
- Focus on impacts and results for the partners and responds positively to feedback;
- Ability to prioritize the workload to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling the universal and EU values and ethical standards;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism.
4. CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT
Selected candidate is expected to start working as soon as possible, subject to availability of funding.
This is a full-time position with a 90 days probation period. The contract shall be signed for one year, with possibility for extension based on the funding availability.
RAI offers a compensation package that is competitive and comparable with other regional organizations.
Annual gross salary: €19.030
Holidays: 30 days of annual leave, holidays observed by the Secretariat (available at the following LINK) and 2 days for observance of other holidays.
RAI Secretariat encourages all employees to balance their professional and private life and recognizes work-from-home policy or flexible scheduling.
Compulsory pension/health/unemployment insurance in Bosnia and Herzegovina and travel health insurance shall be provided.
5. HOW TO APPLY
For complete Terms of Reference and application instructions, please visit the following LINK.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 21.10.2021.
Trajanje oglasa: 24 dana (ističe 14.11.2021.)