The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: CSSF – Conflict Stability and Security Fund
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Bosnia-Herzegovina is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are now looking for a Project Manager, Transitional Justice, Communities and Youth.
Working as part of the British Embassy Sarajevo Programme Team, the job holder is expected to develop and manage projects and provide policy advice in the sectors of transitional justice, community relations and youth. This includes managing project work on missing persons, war crimes, social cohesion and reconciliation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Project activity
- Work with the embassy and regional programme teams to design and develop projects related to transitional justice, community relations and youth. This will include projects focused on conflict legacy issues, such as missing persons, war crimes and support for vulnerable groups. It will also include projects seeking to improve community relations, reconciliation and peacebuilding and youth engagement;
- Manage a portfolio of projects under these themes, monitoring project results, risks and finances and ensuring effective delivery of projects within project duration and budget;
- Develop strong working relationships with project implementers, beneficiaries, other donor organisations and other relevant stakeholders to ensure projects are well-targeted and achieving the desired results;
- Manage the preparation of project documentation and maintenance of relevant project files and provide accurate and timely reporting on projects;
- Provide technical advice and guidance on financial, reporting and procurement procedures to Project Implementers in support of project implementation;
- Organise official visits and plan, organize and manage events related to the projects, in coordination with the Press Officer;
- As UK project funding is highly flexible and adaptive, the jobholder will be expected to adapt quickly and take on new areas of work as required.
2. Policy advice
- Research, report and provide policy advice on key themes in the sector of the projects managed. This is likely to include, but not be limited to, issues concerning the legacy of conflict in the region including missing persons, social cohesion and community relations;
- Coordinate policy and project work on transitional justice and community issues with colleagues in other British Embassies in the Western Balkans region, contributing to designing and managing regional projects and providing policy advice.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Verbal and written fluency in English and one of the BiH constituent languages;
- Project and programme management experience, preferably from or with international organisations;
- Experience of high performance and an interest in one or more of the following areas: war crimes and missing persons, social cohesion, community relations and reconciliation;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network and work collaboratively with others;
- Ability to think creatively and take a proactive role in achieving team objectives;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly;
- Intermediate skills with MS Word and Excel.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- University Degree;
- Clean driving licence.
Required competencies: Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline: 3 September 2019
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week: 41 (Gross)
Duration of Post: 12 months
Region: Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Country/Territory: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Location (City): Sarajevo
Type of Post British: Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary: (BAM) 4203 (Gross)
Start Date: 1 October 2019
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
This is a full-time position of 5 working days, 41 hours per week.
The position is offered initially for one year with a possible extension for another year upon successful completion of three month probation period and subject to the availability of funding.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance and must have pre-existing work authorisation for Bosnia-Herzegovina in order to apply.
The successful candidate will be hired under the Terms and Conditions of British Embassy Sarajevo and social contributions will be paid accordingly.
The monthly salary for this position is 4,203.00 BAM gross per month. In addition, members of staff receive a meal allowance and transport allowance as per Terms & Conditions.
Staff members recruited locally by the British Embassy in Bosnia-Herzegovina are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Bosnia-Herzegovina employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 of the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We kindly advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application.
Only applications completed and submitted before the closing of the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.