Closing date: Thursday, 28 October 2021
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Position Title :
Duty Station :
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment :
Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :
As soon as possible
Closing Date :
28 October 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates: Internal candidates
Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include: All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in BiH, the direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO), and in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters (HQ) and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for procurement and logistics activities for the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), guided by the following IOM Procurement and Supply objectives and goals:
- Best Value for money;
- Availability and quality assurance;
- Compliance and stewardship; and
- Productivity and efficiency.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Implement and monitor the procurement and logistical needs of the Country Office (CO) in close coordination with the CoM, RMO and Project Managers. Liaise with Project Managers regarding procurement, logistics and service needs to consolidate overall requirements and optimize purchasing power, taking into account deadlines, priorities, and availability of financial resources, operational feasibility, procurement modalities, and alternative scenarios.
Liaise with the RMO and other Units/Programmes regarding procurement needs, consolidating overall procurement requirements and optimizing purchasing power.
In close coordination with the RMO, assist in identifying and fulfilling procurement and logistics needs for IOM BiH, and contribute to the establishment of appropriate properties and assets control systems and supply and contractual agreements for services and maintenance.
Liaise with the programme management in preparing and issuing the call for proposals and bidding documents for the tendering of the project. Check the transparency and compliance with the Field Procurement Manual of the bids and bring issues to the attention of the supervisor.
Coordinate with Global Procurement and Supply Unit (GPSU) and Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) for all purchases above GPSU limit.
Propose and implement adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of IOM Procurement procedures.
Support all procurement transactions and analyse them for conformity with specified requirements. Ensure sourcing and collecting proper and valid credentials, and any other supporting documents, needed to accredit vendors/contractors before any contractual actions being taken.
Implement permanent procedures for procurement, warehouse operations and asset administration in compliance with IOM’s general instructions, policies and donor requirements.
Coordinate and supervise Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) support staff.
Coordinate the development of a roster of vendors including suppliers, service providers, and contractors. Conduct quarterly review of the performance indicators and follow up evaluation sessions. Check IOM consistent approach towards vendor management.
Ensure all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) are encoded into PRISMFI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system. Follow up on open PRs/POs, beneficiary assets and unposted assets on monthly basis for the entire CO.
Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep project managers and other requisitioners abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
Provide support in drafting and maintaining service agreements and Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) with competent vendors, when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
Monitor and update the tracking system for supplies, equipment and project assets. Organize and maintain proper procurement and filing systems. Ensure Asset Master Records are regularly updated and located accordingly, used in IOM’s best interest and inventory lists regularly updated. Ensure that all procurement files are accurately documented and arranged for secure and systematic filing of all logistics related documents, POs, contracts, lease agreement, LTAs, etc.
Monitor compliance to internal control systems in accordance with the IOM’s policies and procedures, report any identified weaknesses, suggest and implement remedial actions.
Train and supervise procurement, logistics and ICT staff, ensuring that they conform to established procedures and assist in producing monthly and regular reports.
Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Procurement, Logistics, Business Administration, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government organizations in a multi-cultural setting;
- Experience in training of co-workers regarding procurement processes;
- Experience working in hardship locations;
- Experience in emergency response contexts is advantageous.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IOM/UN procurement and financial rules as well as systems and processes related to procurement function.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, administration and evaluation techniques and practices. cwX03Al kJ5v7
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Good level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Apps and SAP; and,
- Ability to write and speak clearly and concisely in English.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Knowledge of any languages spoken in Bosnia and Herzegovina(Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian) is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 28 October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 15.10.2021 to 28.10.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2021 245 Procurement Officer (P2) Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (57216249) Released
Posting: Posting NC57216250 (57216250) Released