Job Title: Trainer for Effective Communication Skills
Organization Name: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Closing Date of application: 31-03-2019
No. of Posts: 1
Note: This is a consultancy assignment. Please attach a proposed training outline to your application.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, as a part of the OSCE network, is an international, non-profit and non–career organization. The role of the Fund Administration Unit (FAU) within the OSCE Mission to BiH is to ensure the transparent and efficient use of resources of the Mission in accordance with the OSCE Common Regulatory Management System. The FAU also provides advice to the Fund and Programme Managers on the administrative policies that govern the common administrative system and management of financial, human, and material resources. The FAU is built around four main building blocks: a) Human resources management section, b) Material resources management section, c) Financial resources management section, d) ICT support section. The FAU works closely with programmatic departments of the Mission and with external counterparts.The primary task of the FAU team is to provide optimal business support, ensuring smooth implementation of the projects, by providing continuous support to project teams. At the same time, the FAU also ensures that adequate internal controls are in place for the processing, control and reporting of all administrative actions, and that the need for goods and services are accurately assessed and procured.
Taking into account the area of activity and responsibility of the FAU in relation to the programatic activities of the Mission, one of the FAU tasks is continuous review and improvement of business processes, with the aim to increase efficiency and improve service delivery. Another equally important task of the FAU team is to create outstanding customer support, based on understanding of programmatic needs, and developing a culture that supports communication and collaboration between different departments.
In line with the annual Learning and Development plan, the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina is looking for a consultant to deliver the training on Effective Communication Skills, as the third part of the Customer Orientation Training. The Customer Orientation Training will be developed in accordance with the needs of OSCE Fund Administration Unit, and it will consist of 3 training modules:
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator
II. Customer Orientation Skills
III. Effective Communication Skills
Each of the three training modules should be designed and delivered as a separate one-day training session. Please note that you can apply to deliver one or more training modules.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As continuation of the previous two modules, this module aims to enhance the communication skills of the participants, providing them with a set of techniques and tools to improve everyday communication with their colleagues and external stakeholders. Through empathy and active listening, participants will learn to understand different requests and to communicate clearly and effectively.
The Expert/Consultant will be required to provide the following services:
- Design the workshop and prepare pre-course questionnaires to determine the needs and, in particular, the challenges that the Mission staff face in everyday communication. Prepare and deliver accompanying materials including PowerPoint presentations, hand-outs, and exercises (1.5 working days);
- Conduct one-day training session for about 20 Mission members selected to attend the session, not later than 30 June 2019;
- Actively facilitate discussions to ensure that participants grasp the core of the session, are able to comprehend how it fits into the framework of their work and how they can apply the acquired knowledge to practical situations and facilitate the transfer of knowledge to their peers;
- Prepare and deliver report on overall observations and recommendations (1/2 working day).
During the training, it is expected that participants will:
- Understanding how people communicate and how to read body language;
- The building blocks of effective communication and active listening skills;
- Mastering different communication channels: email, telephone, face-to-face communication;
- Stress management: handling complaints and resolving conflicts;
- The Expert/Consultant will be expected to prepare and send a training report no later than 7 days after the training delivery.
- University degree in psychology, social sciences or other relevant fields;
- Extensive knowledge of the training subject with minimum 6 years of experience including in the field of the customer orientation;
- Professional training experience including designing and delivering training programmes;
- Experience in facilitation of group discussions;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex or sensitive topics in a clear and understandable manner;
- Professional fluency in English and local language.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The Consultant will be paid a total of 1200 BAM for three working days (400 BAM per working day) upon delivery of the requested services.
How To Apply
Please note that in your application you need to attach a proposed training outline.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.