Job Title: Driver
Organization Name: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Location: Banja Luka
Closing Date of application: 10-10-2019
No. of Posts: 1
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will drive Mission vehicles to transport personnel, visitors, delegates, documents, goods and supplies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under supervision of the respective supervisor, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the follwing duties:
– Driving Mission vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel;
– Delivering and collecting mail, documents and other items;
– Transporting goods and supplies and facilitates custom formalities if/as required;
– Meeting official personnel at the airport;
– Transporting non-OSCE Mission members after completing the General Release form;
– Using available systems of communication to meet transport requirements.
– Daily checking of the assigned vehicles (level of liquids and lubricants, tyre pressure, bulbs, general vehicle condition, documents, tools and equipment as per Vehicle Check list);
– Responsible for the day-to-day checking and maintaining of the assigned vehicles and when required performing minor repairs (change of bulb, replacement of the stickers, wiper blades…);
– Ensuring that a vehicle is kept clean and refuelled;
– Reporting all vehicle malfunctions through the chain of command;
– Ensuring compliance with Staff Rules and Regulations in case of involvement in an accident, damage or in case that a vehicle breaks down.
– Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
– Completed secondary education;
– Possession of a valid driving license B;
– Minimum two (2) years of driving experience;
– Skills in minor vehicle repair and car maintenance;
– Good working knowledge of English;
– Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
– Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,635.92 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.