Humanitarian organization Médecins sans frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) / Ljekari bez granica is implementing a project of humanitarian medical assistance to the migrant population transiting through Bosnia and Herzegovina. For its project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, MSF is recruiting
DRIVER HEAVY DUTY
Duty station: Bihac
(and other locations if needed)
Médecins sans frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Ensuring efficient, correct and safe transport and timely delivery of authorized goods, medical products and passengers using a motor vehicle of below or more than 3.5 tons or other specialised vehicles requiring special driving licenses/training ensuring the technical and safety conditions in accordance with the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules.
- Being responsible for the vehicle and its contents and for the safe delivery of goods being transported. Performing or verifying the safe and correct loading and unloading, ensuring the loads are balanced and are properly secured and protected
- Could be requested: Providing first level maintenance of the vehicle and engine, i.e. controlling the state of the vehicle and ensuring its daily check which includes the following: levels of fuel, engine oil, coolant, brake liquid, windows washing liquid as well as the cleanliness of the radiator grill, the state of the tires, etc.
- Operating different types of vehicles (city car, cargo and/or passengers van, truck, van with trailer) and handling equipment or engines such as trolleys, pallet trucks.
- Determining the route and the timetable to follow or respect those that have been provided beforehand
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents are valid and available in the vehicle and that all goods and passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling.
- Ensuring that all administrative documents are properly filled in at all times (transport documents, customs formalities, accident report, reception and delivery forms)
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, following and applying security instructions and adapting the driving according to external factors such as weather conditions, the traffic rules in the country, the itinerary, in city or highway, day or night and the traffic density.
- As part of the log team, flexibility is required to replace members of the log team in case of absence, including Base Logistician.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Supporting, upon request, some general logistics activities, including Watsan activities (water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control), being part of the flexibility required.
- Any other reasonable task requested by the supervisor.
Education Essential permanent and recognized driving license for heavy vehicles of
more than 3.5 tons (trucks) and all the required documents for
driving a vehicle such as insurance, permit
Experience At least 2 years’ experience in driving heavy vehicles of more than 3.5 tons.
Familiar with the use of 4WD and diff locks
Familiar with logistics procedures and protocols from MSF is an added value
Previous experience with similar positions with other organizations
Languages Essential working knowledge of English and Bosnian
Knowledge Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
Good knowledge of local roads
Competencies Results and Quality Orientation
Teamwork and Cooperation
Commitment to MSF Principles
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- The position requires flexibility and tolerance to swift changes in planning.
- CV in English
- Scan of driving license
- Scan of an educational degree or relevant training certificate (if applicable)
If you are confident that you meet the above-mentioned requirements, please send your CV in English and all the supporting documents electronically, via option “PRIJAVI SE NA OGLAS“.
Deadline for applications: 14.11.2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 07.11.2019.
Trajanje oglasa: 7 dana (ističe 14.11.2019. )