|Location :||BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA|
|Application Deadline :||18-Nov-18 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||10d 7h 59m|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||December 2018|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Maximum 7 expert days|
|The consultancy is planned within the Local Integrated Development (LID) Project (2016 – 2018). The project is primarily funded by the European Union and co-funded and implemented the by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). As part of the UNDP BiH’s Rural and Regional Development Sector’s portfolio, the LID Project has the overall objective to raise the standards of living and improve social cohesion in Bosnia and Herzegovina through inclusive sustainable socio-economic development. LID interventions are streamlined along two main pillars: governance, and economic development and job creation. LID works with 21 selected local governments, grouped together in 4 geographic clusters in the areas primarily affected by floods and areas with a large percentage of returnees/internally displaced persons. The main partners in project implementation are the BiH Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees and the two entity governments.
The purpose of the consultancy is to improve the capacities of local government staff relating to the practical use of the MS Office package, increasing their level of IT literacy. The consultancy objective is to provide expert support for two partner local governments to ensure sound operational grounds for effective operationalization of the development strategy through improved IT skills/use of MS Office package. In this regard, one local consultant (hereinafter the Consultant) will be engaged.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|Partner local governments received process-based assistance related to the operationalization and implementation of local development strategies in 2017. In order to ensure the sustainability and effectiveness of this process in the future, existing IT capacities of responsible municipal staff must be upgraded to enable them to fully harness the power of available electronic tools.
The Consultant is expected to develop and deliver a training program on MS Office with a focus on Excel and Word applications to staff from two partner local governments. The entire service will be delivered in the official languages of BiH.
The Consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Assessment of participants’ needs and capacities and training program development;
2. Training delivery;
Task 1 – Assessment of participants’ capacities and needs and training programmme development
The consultant is expected to design and administer an assessment of participants’ capacities relating to the use of MS Office package. This will be done in the form of a questionnaire to be sent to partner local governments by e-mail. This will allow the consultant to assess the current capacities of local government staff, key challenges they face and issues that arise in daily use of MS Office package relevant for their operations in particular as they relate to the process of local development strategy implementation. Based on process findings, the consultant will prepare the training programme that will address the needs of local government staff.
Task 2 – Training delivery
The consultant is expected to deliver a training programme to 2 groups of local government staff (up to 5 participants from each municipality). The training will be organized in 2 modules with a week in between the modules. The first module will cover Excel (1 day) and the second will cover Word (1 day).
Task 3 – Reporting
Upon the completion of training delivery, the Consultant will prepare a final report that will include, but will not be limited to: training goals and results achieved, number of trainees, analysis of pre-and after training knowledge, lessons learned and recommendations, training performance evaluation, FAQs sheet, etc. All data presented should be segregated by gender. The draft report should be submitted to the LID Project Team, in English language (MS Word electronic version), and the final version must take in consideration all comments received. The time foreseen for this task is 1 day.
The Consultant is responsible for the following deliverables:
· Training programme on MS Office prepared in accordance with needs assessment results – 2 expert days, by beginning of December 2018, 30%;
· Training on MS Office delivered to 2 groups of local government employees – 4 expert days, by end of December 2018, 60%;
· Final report – 1 expert day, by end of December 2018, 10%;
· Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
· Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
· Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
· Demonstrates professional competence to meet responsibilities and post requirements and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
· Results-Orientation: Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals, generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations;
· Communication: Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match target audiences;
· Team work: Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team;
· Client orientation: Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with national partners and stakeholders and pro-activeness in identifying of beneficiaries and partners’ needs and matching them to appropriate solutions.
|Required Skills and Experience|
· University degree in computer science;
· Minimum 5 years of previous experience in conducting similar trainings to local governments;
· Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications) and ability to use information technologies as a tool and resource;
· Excellent training, facilitation and coaching skills in the languages of BiH peoples (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian);
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills in in the official languages in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in English.
· University degree in computer science – Weight: 50%, Maximum points: 50;
· Minimum 5 years of previous experience in conducting similar trainings to local governments – Weight: 50%, Maximum points: 50;
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 90 points would be considered for Technical Evaluation.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
· * Technical Criteria weight-70%
· * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
Applicants are required to submit an application including:
· Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work and indicating the list of specific training that you delivered;
· Completed and signed the Offeror’s template Confirming Interest and Availability (please follow the link: http://www.ba.undp.org/content/dam/bosnia_and_herzegovina/docs/Operations/Jobs/Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx);
· Latest personal CV, including past experience from similar projects, and email, telephone and any other contact details for references;
· Financial proposal which will separately specify professional fee, indicating number of anticipated working days, travel costs (air-ticket or use of private vehicle), living allowance, and all other applicable costs.
Please scan all above mentioned documents and upload as one attachment only online through this website.
· For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
· Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
|UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.|
|REFER A FRIEND APPLY NOW|
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact email@example.com.
More information: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=81959