Category: national position
Capacity: 40 hours per week, 100%
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (with frequent travelling across the country)
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Experience required: minimum 2 years
Caritas Switzerland (CaCH) operates in Bosnia-Herzegovina (B&H) since 1993.
Our programme focus lies on economic development and social inclusion. Our country strategy 2021-2025 covers the four fields of activity Income, Climate, Migration and Humanitarian Aid. Currently, CaCH has 18 staff members in B&H and operates ten projects in the areas of preschool education, social housing, agriculture, income generation, energy efficiency and renewable energy sources, and humanitarian aid for migrants.
Objective of the Post:
CaCH has introduced a M&E system with methods and templates for digital data collection, analysis and reporting.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the M&E Officer is responsible for the appropriate implementation and further development of the M&E system in all projects as part of the country programme. In addition, the M&E Officer will support communication and public relations activities of the Country Office.
The M&E Officer has the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the project teams with data collection, data analysis and the preparation of data for publication
(e.g. in the form of graphs and tables)
- Edit and finalize narrative donor reports that were drafted by the project teams
- Support project teams with data management and knowledge management
- Compile the annual standard indicators
- Support the elaboration of result chains, logframes and indicators for new projects
- Maintain existing M&E tools and formats and further develop the M&E system by introducing new tools
and formats where needed and suitable
- Continuously train project teams in M&E practices and procedures
- Draft short texts for press releases or publications, maintain CaCH’s social media presence, support the development of new communication materials
- Any other tasks assigned by the Country Director
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in social sciences, economics, IT, mathematics/statistics, or similar relevant field
- Very good language skills in speaking and writing in English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian
- Experience in drafting questionnaires for quantitative and qualitative household surveys
- familiarity with digital data collection and analysis tools (e.g. www.kobotoolbox.org) is an advantage
- Excellent skills in data analysis with MS Excel (e.g. pivot tables) or other statistical software
- Experience in drafting and formatting documents in MS Word in English language (e.g. reports)
- Familiarity with project cycle management and M&E tools such as logical framework and result chains
- Experience training provision and capacity building and/or knowledge management is an asset
- Outgoing and initiative personality with good people skills, diligent and reliable worker, solution-oriented
thinking, structured workstyle
- A valid driver’s license for cars.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a motivation letter AND a convincing résumé/curriculum vitae that matches the advertised position. Application that contain not both of these documents
may not be considered. Interviews and technical skills tests for data processing and MS Word and Excel and English language will take place after the 5th of October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited!
Applications will be accepted until 30th of September 2020 and must be send to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org