HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation and Kolektiv d.o.o make up the consortium for MarketMakers – a Project supported by the Swiss Government. The Project aims to createhundreds of jobs for young women and men in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in the services industries as well as to encourage young people to enter self-employment and enterprise start-up. MarketMakers aims to affect changes in both entities as well as in Brčko District. MarketMakers’ third phase began in June 2021 and runs for two years, until May 2023.
MarketMakers and the Consultant or an Agency aim to create a collaboration framework between non-formal education centres/training providers and employers in the services industries. The main goal of this Consultancy is to present a new collaborative and industry-based education centres model of the curricula and teaching/learning methods for skills enhancement, thus providing better employment opportunities for the graduates.
- Overall objective(s) of the Assignment
The Consultancy aims to create a framework for collaboration between non-formal education centres/training providers and employers in the services industries. This collaboration will have the goal of enhancing education provided by non-formal education centres/training providers offering better chances of employment to their graduates. This collaboration should be focused on the efficient technical exchange between the private sector and non-formal education centres/training providers to ensure that the process of adaptation of subjects, curricula and teaching methods meets the industry’s demands and trends. For this assignment, service industries of intrest are outsourcing and IT.
- Scope of Work and Principal Activities
The Consultant is expected to work closely with MarketMakers’ BPO and IT Sector Leaders in the process of creating the collaboration framework. During the period from the beginning of June 2022 to the end of August 2022, the Consultant will perform the following groups of activities:
- To identify at least three private training providers* that provide cooperative training programme relevant to IT and or BPO industries in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and who would be willing to work with employers to adjust their curriculum and or teaching
methods/materials to meet the labour market needs (*private training providers are those entities that have commercial training offerings as their main business focus).
- To identify at least five private companies (potential employers) within close vicinity (same municipality, canton etc.) of the targeted training providers (point I. above) that would be
willing to provide feedback and inputs on labour market demands in terms of non-formal education offerings.
- Create and facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing framework between identified training providers and employers to align skills and knowledge in their courses/training with
the demands of employers, e.g., review of curricula, tools and technology used, real-life case studies etc.
IV. Create a case study on the above-mentioned collaboration that would explain what has been achieved, how collaboration was beneficial to different stakeholders and a set of recommendations on how such collaboration was established, so that any other stakeholders in the market may refer to the study and replicate the model.
- Map entities (organisations, associations, institutions etc.) that would benefit from the case study and use it to support/facilitate further collaboration between private training providers
and employers, e.g., capacity building regarding models of collaboration, approach etc.
VI. Present findings/insights in a round table format that will gather private training providers and other relevant stakeholders. The round table will be organised by MarketMakers.
- Time Schedule
The Assignment should commence at the beginning of June 2022 and be finalised by the end of August 2022. The following deadlines should be adhered to but are negotiable with the selected bidder:
Activity stream milestones
I. Identify at least 3 private training providers on the market and introduce them to the planned activities.
- Identify at least 5 private companies (potential employers) within close vicinity (or willing to accommodate new employees remotely) of the identified private training providers from above.
- Create and facilitate a collaboration and knowledge sharing framework between identified training providers and employers to align skills and knowledge in their courses/training with the demands of employers. (e.g., curriculum review, tools and technology used, real-life case studies etc.)
Potential partners identified: NFE training providers and BPO companies in BiH finalised.
Efficient collaboration between NFE training providers and employers created; curricula and or teaching materials/methods adjusted in line with private sector recommendations; increased number of NFE
Deadline for completion
June 17th, 2022
July 8th, 2022
V. Creat a case study that would explain what has been achieved, how collaboration was beneficial to different stakeholders and a set of recommendations on how such collaboration was established.
VI. Map entities (organisations, associations, institutions etc.) that would benefit from the case study above and that can use it to support/facilitate further collaboration between private training providers and employers.
VII. Present findings/insights in a round table that will gather private training providers and other relevant stakeholders.
Case study on the collaboration framework between NFE centres/training providers and employers and mapped entities finalised.
Round table presentation of the findings completed.
August 4th, 2022
August 31st, 2022
- Communication, reporting, and debriefing
Regular communication and periodic updates on the overall progress of the Assignment after each activity is expected and should be directed towards the Head of BPO Sector
Development, Ms. Selma Begović and BPO Project Coordinator Ms. Nikolina Vilov; and Head
of IT Sector Development Ms. Dinka Majanović and IT Project Coordinator, Mr. Adis Baručija.
The approach should be agreed upon in advance with the MarketMakers Project.
All finalised documents should be submitted to the aforementioned.
- Induction and documents
At the beginning of the Assignment, the Consultant will receive an induction from the MarketMakers’ team, helping to familiarise them with MarketMakers’ plans and needs, as well as with what MarketMakers is trying to achieve. Where necessary, the project documents will be shared to support this process.
- Offer, Remuneration, Logistics
The maximum budget allocated for this consultancy is 15.000,00 BAM.
The Consultant should submit: a) Financial offer and b) Technical offer in hard copy directly to the address of the MarketMakers Project. Technical offer needs to contain detailed methodology, a reference list of similar previous work and CVs of researchers/experts. Evaluation of the offers will be done in line with the MarketMakers’ operational procedures and the offer with the most points will be awarded the contract.
The weighted scoring method will be used and the award of the contract will go to the company whose offer was evaluated and it complied with the following:
- responsive, compliant and acceptable, and
- having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific as follows: technical criteria 70% and financial criteria 30%.
Additional costs that are not included in the offer cannot be charged to MarketMakers.
- Payment Schedule
The Consultant will receive full agreed payment after the activities mentioned in Sections 3 and 4 above are completed and approved by MarketMakers Project.
All offers need to be delivered directly to MarketMakers’ address:
Ured Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation u BiH – MarketMakers projekat
Obala Kulina bana 2/3
71 000 Sarajevo
The deadline for submission of proposals is June 2nd, 2022 by 12:00. Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.