1. Location: Sarajevo, BiH
2. Terms: Full time, subject to 6 months’ probation period, 1-year employment contract initially.
3. Application Deadline: October 29, 2021 at 11:59 P.M. CET
4. About the Organization:The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good. By developing and equipping a global network of investigative journalists and publishing their stories, we expose crime and corruption so the public can hold power to account. We see a future where organized crime and corruption are drastically reduced and democracy is strengthened. Our global team includes editors, researchers, data engineers, security specialists, administrators, technologists, and strategists, each with areas of in-depth expertise. For information about OCCRP please visit www.occrp.org
5. Position overview:OCCRP is hiring an HR Assistant to help us build out a world class human resources operation. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver with top critical thinking skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence.
6. Principal Tasks
- Assisting in handling time cards, leave records, salary/honorarium payments and related inquiries.
- Maintaining absence/travel calendar, staff contact lists and other worksheets, as requested, by updating and entering data.
- Assisting in maintaining current HR files and databases.
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings.
- Making pre-employment and annual background and security checks for staff.
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in the interview process and recruitment efforts.
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications.
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets, as requested.
- Producing statistical charts as requested, for reference, comparison and analysis.
- Providing logistics support of administrative activities including visa related matters.
- Supporting HR Team in all HR related matters, and as needed Administration, Programs and Finance teams.
- Communication with HR Team on a daily basis and reporting on HR Manager’s request
- Performing other tasks as required.
7. Qualifications and Skills
- Either BiH citizenship or the right to reside and work in BiH;
- Proven experience as HR assistant, administrator or other HR position.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social studies, law or relevant field, or High School Diploma with minimum 8 years of related experience;
- Fluent in English language, written and spoken;
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures;
- Computer literate and fluent in using basic digital tools e.g. Google Drive, knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- Able to work well with people from a range of countries, languages and backgrounds, online and in person;
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with staff members, management, and in group presentations and meetings;
- Able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyses information;
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently;
- Well organized, accurate with attention to detail, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality;
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and to improve performance through management feedback;
- High level of integrity and confidentiality;
- Able to work independently, while asking for guidance when needed;
8. To Apply: To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Whilst we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologize that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 15.10.2021.
Trajanje oglasa: 14 dana (ističe 29.10.2021.)