IT Coordinator, L4, Western Balkans Program (Internal) Sarajevo, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina Corporate Services Full time 049/2021
NOTE: This job is open for current or former ICMP staff members.
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
Western Balkans Program
In the Western Balkans, ICMP has supported regional cooperation in the search for the missing; it has worked effectively to foster the development and cooperation of civil society organizations with one another and with governments and local authorities in the region. It has pioneered the application of state-of-the-art DNA and advanced database informatics to locate and identify large numbers of missing persons. To date, more than 70 percent of the estimated 40,000 persons reported missing at the end of the fighting in the Western Balkans have been accounted for. ICMP’s Western Balkans Program continues to provide assistance to countries in the region to account for approximately 12,000 persons who are still missing from the conflict in the 1990s.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Global IT Manager, and in close consultation with the Head of Program (Western Balkans), the IT Coordinator duties and responsibilities will include, but will not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Provide ICT support to staff based in the Western Balkans, both in the office and through remote support tools
- Administration of program focused scope of users, computers and services in line with global organizational ICT policies and strategy
- Installation, deployment, maintenance and administration of ICT infrastructure and services in line with organizational ICT policies and strategy
- Installation, deployment and maintenance of organization’s approved software tools, clients and services
- Provide the assessment of ICT requirements, assist in development and implementation of ICT operational and security plans
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legally entitled to work in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bachelor degree in ICT related discipline is desirable cvbo1L4-Bkw5BM
- ICT related industry certificates are desirable
- Min. 4 years: IT Support/HelpDesk role
- Proficiency in troubleshooting Windows operating systems
- Proficiency in troubleshooting/maintaining/monitoring computer systems and networks
- Proficiency in providing in-person and remote IT support
- Proficiency in providing Zoom meeting platform guidance and support
- Proficiency in troubleshooting Microsoft Office software suite
- Ability to travel at short notice and to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings;
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian; knowledge of Albanian is an asset;
- Proven ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality or gender;
- Commitment to the underlying objective of helping the authorities and families of the missing to account for missing persons in an impartial and transparent manner.
PLEASE note: Only applications in English will be accepted. This is an internal vacancy open to internal or former ICMP staff only.
LES This is a full-time position with a competitive base salary at the L4 level on the ICMP Western Balkans salary scale, generous paid leave and extensive health insurance benefits for the incumbent and any eligible dependent. For more details, please see the ICMP website.
This position is not eligible for expatriate allowances.
Expected start date: ASAP
Review of applications will start immediately.
ICMP is committed to maintaining an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. ICMP believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a thoroughly diverse range of candidates. ICMP is proud to be part of the International Gender Champions network.
ICMP may cancel this recruitment without notice, or may decide to offer a position with different duties and/or contract length.
ICMP does not request payment during any stage of the selection process.