Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 16 August 2022
Position Title: Project Media Assistant (Resilience and Social Cohesion)
Contract type: SST Graded
Contract duration: 9 months, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 65-08/22
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is implementing a program to strengthen positive political and social actors and discourses to provide alternatives to extremist and radicalizing voices and influences. To achieve these objectives, project designs and implements small-grant activities through a process-oriented, community driven approach that emphasizes project processes.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistants/Project Coordinators the Project/Media Assistant will provide technical support in the implementation and monitoring of IOM’s media activities (traditional and digital) under its social cohesion and resilience pillar.
For the purpose of this recruitment, digital media includes social media platforms, websites, mobile applications and other online channels that allow for the distribution of content and engagement of audiences through the internet. Traditional media refers to television, radio, and print media. The type of activities to be implemented and monitored may include content production, digital and conventional media campaigns, analysis of audience and online trends, and capacity building of local partners especially on the use of media to achieve their communication aims.
- Support the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator and other project team to integrate the use of traditional and digital media within project activities.
- Provide general assistance in the coordination and implementation of communication strategy of the project.
- Support implementation of grant activities focused on media.
- Coordinate with project staff and the project partners to amplify content reach and engagement, across all the project’s grantees, leveraging the project’s full audience in support of the project’s overall strategy.
- Support implementation of all assigned media activities in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with each activity Implementation Plan and the project’s activity cycle.
- Work closely with local partners to track and report out on indicators related to overall reach and engagement as well as evidence of changes in knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors: support incorporation of all lessons learned into future activities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in the field of journalism, media and/or marketing with 2 years of relevant working experience; or high-school diploma with 4 years of relevant working experience
- Experience: Experience implementing or managing media projects; developing creative new media initiatives or small activities; coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The Project Assistant/Media Specialist is expected to have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Digital strategy development, including audience identification, segmentation, and optimization
- Content production and ad buys on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Search engine optimization to improve discovery and drive traffic to websites / mobile apps
- Web analytics through traffic analysis (e.g. Google Analytics / Data Studio) and keyword research tools (e.g. Google Trends)
- Social media analysis through the use of built-in (e.g. Facebook Insights) and commercial platforms (e.g. Crimson Hexagon)
- Dynamic reporting to provide trendlines on overall reach and engagement, support A/B testing of content
- Demonstrated experience in traditional (TV, radio, print, film) content production, marketing or distribution.
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
- Holds a valid driving license;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and local languages.
- Knowledge of financial and procurement rules and procedures.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications (especially Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility, responsibility, integrity, teamwork, self-motivated.
- Able to work with little supervision, focused, well organized, detail oriented.
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF – Personal History Form and motivation letter) electronically by email to: email@example.com. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
Subject: SVN 65-07/22
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 16 August 2022.
Posting period: 02 August 2022 – 16 August 2022
As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite of taking up position as a staff member in the GS category is right of residence and right to work in the country of the duty station at the time of application.