- SVN 61-10/21 – Senior MAE Assistant
- SVN 61-10/21 – Senior MAE Assistant
Vacancy Announcement open to internal and external candidates – re-advetised
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 03 December 2021
Position Title: Senior MAE Assistant
Contract type/duration: SST Graded
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 61-10/21
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – the UN Migration Agency – is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM has been present in the Western Balkan region and Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) since 1990s. Since the end of the war, IOM has continued to assist the population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission/Coordinator for the Western Balkans and the direct supervision of the Project Development and M&E Officer, the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will provide programming support and specific technical assistance in project development, monitoring, reporting and information management of activities falling within IOM’s migration response in BiH. Moreover, the incumbent will assist the Emergency Area Coordinator and CCCM managers with the collection and compilation of data and preparation of donor reports, and ensure compliance with donor requirements.
(A) Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation of the migration response in BiH
- Attend weekly emergency team meetings and facilitate information sharing and knowledge transfer, including development of lessons learned and practices;
- Lead the production of reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, donors); monitor and update the reporting calendar; ensure quality of reports through coordination with relevant colleagues and partners; review reporting processes to improve;
- Assist the Emergency Coordinator to develop and/or update a detailed M&E framework, M&E and data collection tools, and data storage systems;
- Contribute to the identification of strategic migration response and migrant protection programmatic indicators for standard monitoring in BiH and the WB;
- Ensure regular review of the application/implementation of the developed M&E framework and plans for the migration response portfolio in BiH and the sub-region;
- Support the conduct of timely and high-quality evaluations in accordance with the M&E plans and IOM and donor requirements and expectations, including supporting the development of Terms of Reference for internal and external evaluations; assist in the selection of internal and external evaluators and consultants;
- Assist the PD and M&E Officer and other colleagues in the sub-region to ensure the appropriate internal and external dissemination of conducted evaluations and evaluation recommendations, to ensure that follow-up initiatives are actioned;
- Ensure internal and external information flows regarding IOM’s migration response work, including appropriate information and knowledge products, and support the engagement of external consultants for this purpose;
- Undertake field monitoring visits and ensure that the findings of those visits are fed back to the PD and M&E Officer.
(B) Project Development and Coordination
- Attend PSU weekly meetings and contribute to streamline communications and coordination with the emergency team by sharing updates or important messages;
- Support the conceptualization of new projects in support of the migration response in BiH and the sub-region, through research and drafting of concept notes and proposals. Coordinate project proposals and agreements endorsement internally through PRIMA and LEG, and externally with partners and donors;
- Work together with Programme Coordinators, Project Managers and Thematic Specialists in developing strategies, or other strategic documents.
- Contribute to the regular review of PSU coordination tools and other communications tools, presentations and talking points requested during events and visits;
- Maintain internal PD planning documents up to date and keep PSU team and Regional Project Manager updated on new PD developments.
- Respond to complex information requests and inquiries.
- Set up and maintain files/records.
(C) Monitoring & Evaluation responsibilities for the BiH Mission
- In coordination with the PD and M&E Officer, provide technical assistance to Programme/Project Managers in designing M&E frameworks or data collection tools;
- Provide support to Programme/Project Managers in the application of new M&E tools, ensuring quality control of results and reports, and providing training to staff.
- Identify M&E training and capacity needs for the IOM BiH project/programme team, and assist the PD and M&E Officer in the design and delivery of M&E training;
- Support the PSU with mission-wide results monitoring, strategic planning, and risk monitoring, notably through yearly reports to IOM and UNCT.
- Carry-out any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief of Mission.
- Conduct the above tasks in strict adherence to the confidentiality principles defined within the guidelines of IOM, including IOM Data Protection Principles (IN/138); IOM Project Handbook; and internal monitoring and evaluation instructions and guidelines, especially IN/31 (Rev.1) and IN/266.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics or a related field, with four years of relevant work experience; or Master’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics or related field will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting to donors
- Experience and understanding of the Western Balkans context
- Experience in working and liaising with a wide range of partners, including government authorities, UN agencies and international organizations
- Experience of the UN system, working with the UNDAF and SDG projects and procedures within the UN Country Team system highly desirable.
- Strong literacy in MS Office, Photoshop, Publisher and design programs.
- Driving license and willingness and ability to drive in BiH and WB.
- Excellent planning, management and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and local languages.
- Knowledge of research methodology is a strong advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts, and ability to apply this knowledge in the professional world;
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor (preferably EU) programming.
- Knowledge of financial and procurement rules and procedures.
- Strong computer literacy.
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter ) electronically by email to: email@example.com. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
Subject: SVN 61-10/21
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 03 December 2021.
Posting period: 26 November 2021 – 03 December 2021
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit in possession of time of recruitment, as applicable.
Closing Date: Friday, December 3, 2021