Vacancy notice open to Internal and External Candidates
Duty Station: Bihac, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 31 August 2022
Position Title: Field Assistant in the Service for Foreigner’s Affairs (SFA), Bihac Field Office
Contract type/duration: Hourly Service Contract (multiple positions)
Contract duration: 2 months, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 71-08/22
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – the UN Migration Agency – is the leading inter- governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM, together with the international community, assists the population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future. Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a wide range of migration related areas, including, amongst others, the protection of vulnerable migrants; border management; assisted voluntary return; diaspora; technical assistance on migration management; disaster risk reduction and recovery.
Under the direct supervision of the SFA Team Leader and overall supervision of SFA Camp Manager, and giving the 24/7 onsite presence, the Field Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the protection to and related assistance of migrants accommodated at the site.
- Facilitate the day-to-day operation in Una-Sana Canton run by the Service for Foreigner’s Affairs (SFA) in order to address the needs of migrants and refugees in vulnerable situations.
- Provide safe transportation to migrants and refugees in vulnerable situations to services and accommodation locations, if requested by the SFA.
- Coordinate with all actors that provide assistance to migrants and refugees including institutions, NGOs, and International Organizations present on the field.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Social or Natural sciences with minimum 1 (one) year of professional experience, or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 2 (two) years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in working with foreign nationals, irregular migrants, trafficked persons, children, and/or other vulnerable populations is an advantage.
- Experience in counselling, networking, and ensuring access to services is desirable.
- Category B driving license is desirable.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and local languages.
- Strong computer literacy.
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter) electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Subject: SVN 71-08/22
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 31 August 2022. Posting period: 18-31 August 2022.
As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, external candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite of taking up position as a staff member in the GS category is right of residence and right to work in the country of the duty station at the time of application.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.