Médecins du Monde / Doctors of the World – Belgique (MdM-BE) is an international non-governmental organization based in Brussels, Belgium, which is part of the international MdM network. MdM-BE’s main activities are providing medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world. MdM’s vision is to provide universal (mental) health care globally and to ensure that all persons have access to care without barriers. MdM in Bosnia and Herzegovina provides mental health and psychosocial support activities for migrants and refugees.
For a project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, MdM is looking for: GBV Project Coordinator
About the job
MdM-BE has been providing medico-psychosocial healthcare to asylum seekers in Croatia since August 2016. Based on this experience, the organisation decided to deploy its activities to Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) beginning in May 2019. As implementing partner of United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), MdM-BE supports women and girls on the move through the provision of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and gender-based violence (GBV) services in Centers for Women and Girls (CWG). These CWG are based in three temporary reception centres (TRCs) that are accommodating refugees and migrants passing through the Una Sana Canton (USC) and Sarajevo Canton. From October 2019, MdM-BE started to enhance its presence in the country by expanding its programming to include Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services in four temporary reception centres (TRCs) in Una Sana Canton and two temporary reception centres in Sarajevo Canton.
For that purpose, MdM-BE is looking for GBV Project Coordinator in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Place of work: Sarajevo or Bihać
Period of engagement: April – May 2020
In line with the above mission statement and objectives of the UNFPA project, the GBV Project Coordinator BiH ensures efficient and timely project management. The GBV Project Coordinator is also closely supporting the development of MdM-BE’s presence in BiH in partnership with Field Coordinator BiH.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Providing expertise and guidance for MdM staff and partner organizations on GBViE
- Preparing a full training and a tool kit on GBV for MdM staff
- Ensuring GBV mainstreaming in humanitarian action (in line with the IASC 2015 guidlines);
- Continuous assessment of needs on the ground including integration of GBV issues into the assessments done by MdM and others
- Coordinating MdM GBV response including supervising, monitoring and evaluating quality of UNFPA funded activities on the ground and reporting on the implementation
- representing MdM in inter-agency coordinating forums and maintaining visibility of the MdM action on the ground
- Ensuring smooth implementation of the project, including its capacitation to continue implementation of UNFPA funded GBViE program in USC and SC
- Management of MdM team in order to ensure achievement of planned results in the UNFPA project with quality and on time. This includes writing of ToRs for team members, development of team schedules, daily management of team/supervision of activities and co-conduction of weekly team meeting with Field Coordinator.
- Ensuring data collection system is set-up (DPI/Kobo) and used by teams’ members in order to ensure quality monitoring of project indicators.
- Ensuring that the project structure and all activities are in alignment with Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) GBV Guidelines
- Managing the development process of Information, Education and Communication written material (by MdM-BE medical staff from Croatia-BiH/interpreters, and/or external needed support; with support of the Project Associate BiH regarding design) & its dissemination.
Other duties and tasks
- If needed, assisting with the development of MdM-BE’s presence in BiH (with Field Coordinator BiH) through:
- Attending GBV coordination groups and other inter-organisation meetings organised in Una Sana Canton/Sarajevo Canton, and reporting about their conclusions to Field Coordinator BiH.
- Identifying the needs; providing some inputs for projects development
- Conducting or participating in face-to-face meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- If needed, assisting with development/conduction of MdM-BE’s advocacy/knowledge sharing activities (especially regarding health of migrants, access to healthcare for vulnerable groups, violation of human rights, etc.) and MdM-BE’s visibility – such as writing of reports/publications/leaflets/brochures, organisation of public events, raising awareness campaign, face-to-face meetings with key stakeholders, relation with media, etc.
The candidate should be prepared to travel frequently.
The GBV Project Coordinator BiH must respect code of ethics adhering to principles of confidentiality and impartiality, as well as MDM-BE Charter of Values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in medicine, humanities, social sciences or similar;
- Demonstrated knowledge about GBV and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Gender-based Violence (GBV) Guidelines;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management and project development, preferably in the field of GBV/protection/health/human rights/social inclusion.
Key competencies and other skills:
- Excellent writing and oral skills.
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously and to work under pressure.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Fulfilling all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Driving licence “B” category would be an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English via option “PRIJAVI SE NA OGLAS“.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Lokacija: Bihać, Sarajevo
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 25.03.2020.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 24.04.2020. )