Médecins du Monde / Doctors of the World – Belgique (MdM-BE) is an international non-governmental organization based in Brussels, Belgium, which is part of the international MdM network. MdM-BE’s main activities are providing medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world. MdM’s vision is to provide universal (mental) health care globally and to ensure that all persons have access to care without barriers. MdM in Bosnia and Herzegovina provides mental health and psychosocial support activities for migrants and refugees.
For a project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, MdM is looking for: GBV Expert (m/f)
About the jobMdM-BE has been providing medico-psychosocial healthcare to asylum seekers in Croatia since August 2016. Based on this experience, the organisation decided to deploy its activities to Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) beginning in May 2019. As implementing partner of United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), MdM-BE supports women and girls on the move through the provision of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and gender-based violence (GBV) services in Centers for Women and Girls (CWG). These CWG are based in three temporary reception centres (TRCs) that are accommodating refugees and migrants passing through the Una Sana Canton (USC) and Sarajevo Canton. From October 2019, MdM-BE started to enhance its presence in the country by expanding its programming to include Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services in four temporary reception centres (TRCs) in Una Sana Canton and two temporary reception centres in Sarajevo Canton.
Place of work: Sarajevo and Una Sana canton
Period of engagement: The short-term consultancy is foreseen for a period of 2-4 weeks (to be determined), starting as soon as possible
Basic functions: In line with the above mission statement and objectives of the UNFPA project, the GBV Expert BiH will perform a short-term consultancy to provide training and mentoring on GBV.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Providing expertise and guidance for MdM staff and partner organizations on GBViE
- Preparing a full training and a tool kit on GBV for MdM staff (with deliverables)
- Ensuring GBV mainstreaming in humanitarian action (in line with the IASC 2015 guidelines)
- Assessment of needs on the ground including integration of GBV issues into the assessments done by MdM and others
- Addressing MdM GBV response including mentoring and evaluating quality of GBV activities
Other duties and tasks
- If needed, assisting with the development of MdM-BE’s presence in BiH (in coordination with Field Coordinator BiH) through:
- Attending GBV coordination groups and other inter-organisation meetings organised in Una Sana Canton/Sarajevo Canton, and reporting about their conclusions to Field Coordinator BiH.
- Identifying unattended needs on GBV issues and providing related inputs
- Conducting or participating in face-to-face meetings with relevant stakeholders
- If needed, assisting with development/conduction of MdM-BE’s advocacy/knowledge sharing activities (especially regarding GBV, health of migrants, access to healthcare for vulnerable groups, violation of human rights, etc.).
GBV Expert must respect code of ethics adhering to principles of confidentiality and impartiality; as well as MDM-BE Charter of values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in medicine, humanities, social sciences or similar;
- Demonstrated knowledge about GBV and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Gender-based Violence (GBV) Guidelines;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in GBV trainings and mentoring in the framework of emergency projects and context;
Key competencies and other skills:
- Excellent writing and oral skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Fluency in written and spoken local language (B/H/S) and English is mandatory
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English via option “PRIJAVI SE NA OGLAS“.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Lokacija: Bihać, Sarajevo
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 25.03.2020.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 24.04.2020. )