Save the Children in North Western Balkans (Save the Children in NWB) seeks a Finance Officer based in Sarajevo. The post holder will be expected to ensure the program has appropriate and sufficient finance supporting smooth functioning of financial systems in place in the Country Office and integrity of accounts as well as smooth facility management.
Key areas of work: As a member of the Finance and Support Services Department, the Finance Officer in his/her capacity is responsible for assisting the CO finances in the field of banking/cash management and accounting – preparing daily payments ensuring all payments are done in compliance with SC policies and procedures, i.e. they are correctly authorised in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation, are coded and supported by relevant forms and documentation and paid timely, preparing cash counts and reconciliation of cash and ensuring that all payment forms and supporting documents are properly referenced, organized and filed and that they are in compliance with audit and donor requirements and entering all transactions into the financial system on a daily basis accurately and timely.
Duration of the post: up to six months – maternity leave cover
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people including child safeguarding.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance/business administration or related subject
- Minimum 5 years of similar working experience, preferably with NGO and INGO
- Good team work with related staff, partners and external associates;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven strong accounting and analytical skills, good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently as well as part of the team and meet deadlines;
- Willing to travel in the region
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours during the emergency response;
- Valid Driver’s license, driving experience 3-5 years as min and willingness to be to undertake intensive driving within North-West Balkans Region will be considered as advantage;
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organisational mandate and child focus including child safeguarding
Application consisting of CV (on 2 pages maximum) with names and contact information of three references and a cover letter can be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
The vacancy is open till Saturday 16 November 2018. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.