National Political Officer – political analysis and reporting
The Embassy of Sweden is recruiting a National Political Officer, for political analysis and reporting.
The Embassy of Sweden in Sarajevo represents Sweden and the Swedish government in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The areas of work include politics and economics; development cooperation; communication and promotion; Justice and Home Affairs cooperation; migration and consular affairs. The Embassy is a modern, dynamic, and inclusive workplace that values diversity – in background and in experiences – where everyone contributes and works together to reach established goals and stands for professionalism, knowledge, continuity, and an ethical approach.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The National Political Affairs Officer will serve as a member of the Swedish Embassy’s Political, Economic, Communication and Promotion team. The jobholder will be responsible for monitoring, analysing and reporting on domestic political, economic, human rights and security developments, including on the EU-integration process of Bosnia and Herzegovina The jobholder will also support the Embassy’s Head of Section for Political and Economic Affairs, Communication and Promotion in the delivery of Sweden’s wider objectives within this field.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a deep interest and professional expertise in domestic politics in Bosnia and Herzegovina and broader current political affairs. The jobholder will have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, in both English and in at least one local language. The jobholder should also be motivated, flexible and results oriented, comfortable working within a team and as a self-starter with the required organisational and planning skills – including the capacity to finalise projects and deliver to deadlines. The jobholder will have excellent analytical skills, with an eye both for details, and the bigger picture. The officer values transparency, integrity and high ethical standards and is aware of responsibilities as a civil servant.
Qualifications, skills, and experiences
- Academic degree, minimum bachelor preferably master, in Political Science, International Relations, or similar with relevance for the area of responsibility,
- A minimum of two (2) years of working experience as a political officer or in an equivalent analytical role
- Fluent in English, both oral and written (English is the working language of the Embassy), and at least one of the local languages in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Good understanding of the political framework, political and economic institutions and developments, and political parties in Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- Good knowledge of the European Union and knowledge of the EU enlargement process is considered a merit,
- Knowledge of the Swedish language would be considered a merit.
The post is a full-time position on a permanent contract, starting with a probation period of six months.
The position is subject to the Embassy’s terms and conditions for local staff.
An application in English for the above position should include:
- A letter of motivation for the application,
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- Contact details of three reference persons (at least one to a current or recent employer and one of them being an immediate superior),
- Copies of formal qualifications should be presented upon request,
Please do not send any originals, we do not return applications.
The last day for submitting your application is 11 February 2022. Employment will start 11 April 2022, unless otherwise agreed. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “UM2021/46715: Application National Political Officer”
For questions or inquiries about the position or terms of the contract, please contact Deputy Head of Mission, John Skoglund, via email@example.com
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 14.01.2022.
Trajanje oglasa: 28 dana (ističe 11.02.2022.)