The European Union Delegation to Bosnia and Herzegovina is looking for a:Press and Information Officer (Strategic Communications)
We are The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy. The EU Delegation to Bosnia and Herzegovina is one of those 140 delegations. The Head of Delegation is double-hatted as EU Special Representative and the whole office works as one.Its mandate includes promoting the political and economic relations between Bosnia and Herzegovina and the European Union, supporting BiH in its EU accession efforts, monitoring the implementation of the Stabilisation and Association Agreement; informing the public about the EU and explaining the European Union’s assistance programmes and policies.
- We offer a post of Press and Information Officer. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Press and Information Officer. This job function may change in accordance with the needs of the EU Office.
Functions and duties The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section:
- analyse the trends and developments in the information environment and provide recommendations for improving the understanding of the EU’s values, policies and projects based on fact-based information and proactive communication;
- establish and maintain a network of key information environment experts in the country, who could support the EU Delegation in its monitoring and awareness raising activities;
- design, implement and coordinate campaigns, local outreach events and communications projects on specific issues and priorities, including with a goal to address disinformation targeting the EU and its partnership with Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- closely cooperate with the EEAS Strategic Communications Task Forces;
- perform other tasks as designated by the Head of Section;
- replace the other Press and Information Officers in their absence.
The successful candidate will be based in Sarajevo. Working time: 37.5 working hours/week. The contract (“local agent” type contract – Group I) will be concluded as an unlimited term contract.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Candidates for this local agent post should:
- have completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma, preferably in political science, international relations, journalism, communications, economics or other related field;
- have at least three years of relevant professional experience in communications, preferably in the international and multi-cultural environment;
- have a native command of the Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian;
- have an excellent and professional knowledge of the English language;
- be a national of Bosnia and Herzegovina or a national of a Member State of the European Union having the right to reside and work in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- be medically fit to perform the required duties;
- enjoy civil rights and permits for employment under local law.
Selection criteria Candidates should:
- have experience in communications and public diplomacy (e.g. strategic communication, media relations, campaigning, content production, marketing, online marketing, social media management, audio-visual content development, strategic communications in countering violent extremism);
- have the capacity to create constructive working relations with key partners in the country, building up a local network;
- have strong drafting and analytical skills combined with sound judgement, rapid grasp of problems and the capacity to identify issues and solutions;
- have knowledge of external relations, internal policies and functioning of the European Union;
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts both within and outside the Delegation;
- have the ability to communicate clearly on complex issues and the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- have a knowledge of social media platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook and other locally trending social media platforms.
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience of working with social media analytics;
- experience in public speaking;
- knowledge of additional EU languages
would be considered as strong assets.
How to apply Please send your application and supporting documents to DELEGATION-BOSNIA-AND-HERZEGOVINA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu The package should include a cover/motivation letter and a detailed CV (preferably Europass Format)The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-BOSNIA-AND-HERZEGOVINA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu
After the deadline is reached, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents.
After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and possibly a written test. Interviews will be held in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina or via video-conferencing.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will publish on the website http://www.europa.ba that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited once the recruitment procedure has been completed.
The deadline for applications is: 17 July 2020.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 02.07.2020.
Trajanje oglasa: 15 dana (ističe 17.07.2020. )