“Médecins du Monde / Doctors of the World – Belgique (MDM)”is an international non-governmental organization based in Brussels, Belgium, which is part of the international MDM network. MDM’s main activities are providing medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world. MDM’s vision is to provide universal (mental) health care globally and to ensure that all persons have access to care without barriers. MDM in Bosnia and Herzegovina provides mental health and psychosocial support activities for migrants and refugees.
For a project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, MDM is looking for:
Cultural Mediator-Interpreter (for Urdu/Farsi/Arabic/Pashto/Bengali/Kurdish) (m/f)
About the job
MDM supports refugees, migrants and asylum seekers through the provision of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) in temporary reception centers (TRCs) and out-of-site locations in Bosnia and Herzegovina. For that purpose, MDM is looking for Cultural Mediator-Interpreter (for Urdu/Farsi/Arabic/Pashto/Bengali/Kurdish) in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Place of work: Una Sana Canton, Sarajevo Canton BiH
Period of engagement: From October 2021
Basic functions: Cultural Mediator-Interpreter (for Urdu/Farsi/Arabic/Pashto/Bengali/Kurdish) provides interpretation and translation to English or Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian languages, facilitating communication with Persons of Concern; and supports all mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities conducted by MDM staff in BiH.
Cultural Mediator-Interpreter is under the direct responsibility of the Program Coordinator. He/she works in close cooperation with psychologists and social assistants.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Translation from (for Urdu/Farsi/Arabic/Pashto/Bengali/Kurdish) to English/BHS and vice versa of all relevant (MHPSS) activities organized by MDM in BiH including: empowerment activities, awareness raising and psychoeducational sessions; individual psychological and psychiatric counselling
- Translation of documents, public information products and other MDM written materials
- Provides direct support to all team members in organizing empowerment, awareness raising and psychoeducational activities with a focus on identification and provision of specialized support to vulnerable persons
Other duties and tasks
- Reporting on activities carried out on a weekly and monthly basis
Cultural Mediator-Interpreter (for Urdu/Farsi/Arabic/Pashto/Bengali/Kurdish) must respect code of ethics adhering to principles of confidentiality and impartiality; as well as MdM-BE Charter of values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Language diploma or native speaker
- Ability to work in challenging environment, assess the situation and carry out immediate actions
- Prior experience in translation/interpretation preferably with non-governmental or international organizations is an asset
- Previous experience in working with vulnerable groups and/or migrants and/or access to healthcare is an asset.
- Previous experience in translation of mental health and psychosocial support services is a distinctive asset.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant job experience
Key competencies and other skills:
- Excellent writing and oral skills.
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously and to work under pressure.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Fulfilling all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Driving licence “B” category would be an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English via option “PRIJAVI SE NA OGLAS”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MDM reserves the right to close the selection process before the deadline.
Lokacija: Unsko-sanski kanton
Broj izvršilaca: 2
Datum objave: 13.09.2021.
Trajanje oglasa: 14 dana (ističe 27.09.2021. )