Catholic Relief Services – USCCB is seeking a candidate for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Project Officer
About CRS Catholic Relief Services – United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States to serve World War II survivors in Europe. Since then, we have expanded in size to reach 85 million people in 101 countries on five continents. CRS came to Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1993 to provide emergency relief to people living under siege in Sarajevo. At the end of the war, half the country’s population of four million was displaced. CRS responded by assisting families to return to homes they had fled during the war. CRS continues these efforts through rebuilding and constructing housing, including social housing, and infrastructure, promoting livelihoods and education, providing psychological support, and promoting the adoption of social housing and social security legislation. CRS supports peacebuilding by working with war victims’ associations, politicians, religious leaders, NGOs, historians, actors, and youth to recover from trauma and move toward tolerance, forgiveness and reconciliation.
Job Summary The primary role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Project Office is to ensure adherence to and high-quality implementation of the Agency’s MEAL policies and procedures. S/He will work directly with program staff and local partners across Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia to ensure implementation of high-quality MEAL in the field. S/He will be required to support the development of functional MEAL systems and data collection tools; collect data using qualitative and quantitative methods, conduct data entry and analysis, and accompany partner staff in their MEAL efforts. The MEAL position requires close communication and coordination with all CRS and partner staff.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Builds capacity of MEAL CRS program staff and partners to address their job requirements
- Provides technical support for quality MEAL design, including tools and methods, appropriate to scope, context, and technical requirements of a projects
- Provides technical support for analysis of MEAL data, qualitative and quantitative
- Ensures quality of data and data management practices
- Integrates data analysis, reflection and interpretation and use with ongoing project activities
- Ensures compliance with donor and CRS MEAL requirements
- Communicates CRS approach to MEAL as appropriate, among CRS program staff and partners
- Cultivates relationships with community members and stakeholders
- Shares MEAL learning and experiences in broader discussions among CRS and partners
- Plans and budgets appropriately for quality MEAL activities
- Support quality management practices of MEAL activities at CRS and partners’ level
- Work with Information and Communication Technologies staff to incorporate and maximize the value and utility of Information and Communication Technologies for MEAL.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in program support
- Experience in the field of MEAL, experience in NGOs preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. University degree in international development, economics, statistics or related field
- Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred
- Experience using Information and Communication Technologies required
- Fluent in oral and written English including report writing skill
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Travel Required: up to 30%
Key Working Relationships:
Reports to: Head of Programming Supervisory: none Internal: Deputy Country Representative, Europe Zone MEAL PM, PMs, SPOs and MEAL Officer, External: Local partners
Agency-wide Competencies for all CRS Staff These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Accountability and stewardship
- Builds relationships
- Develops talent
- Continuous improvement and innovation
- Strategic mindset
MEAL Competencies for CRS MEAL Program StaffEach staff member in this position is expected to have solid knowledge and ability and can apply the following competencies with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations, while requiring guidance to handle novel or more complex situations.
- Analysis and Critical Thinking
- Information and Communication Technologies for MEAL
- MEAL in Design
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate’s statement: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Candidates who meet all above requirements/qualifications should send to the email following documentation:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the education degree
- Copy of the valid driver’s license B category
E-mail address: BA_ADM@global.crs.org
The deadline for applications is 21 February 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be called for an interview and written test. CRS is not obliged to inform all applicants about the results of selection process.
If additional information is required, please contact Alma Komanovic, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 12.02.2020.
Trajanje oglasa: 9 dana (ističe 21.02.2020.)