Catholic Relief Services Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIH)is seeking a candidate for the position of Project Assistant
About CRS Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS is implementing the project Sustainable Integration of Persons with International Protection that aims to provide recognized refugees and foreigners under subsidiary protection access to all areas of community life (health, social, educational rights and access to the labor market). Project Assistant will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective, and efficient project and administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service with a particular emphasis on supporting formal and informal communications, compliance with CRS and donor requirements as well as local legislation, proper stewardship of project resources, and supporting the operational effectiveness of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, including relevant CRS staff in Bosnia and Herzegovina and external stakeholders as relevant.
- Support the Project Officer in planning, implementing and monitor on case management matters for project beneficiaries.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g., payment requests).
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes and support the knowledge management and programmatic file storage of the initiative.
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities and workshops.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution etc.
- Work with the CRS Senior Project Officer and Project Officer to assess and improve sustainable livelihood activities associated with designated projects that will contribute to better inclusion in BIH society.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- University degree in a relevant field such as business, economics, law, or social sciences.
- Minimum two years of work experience in project support. Experience with local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and information management systems. Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Experience in working with the most vulnerable populations.
Travel Willing and able to travel 50%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff) These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None Key Working Relationships: Internal: Senior Project Officer, Project Officers, program and operations teams
External: Various government institutions, vendors
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults -to live free from abuse and harm.CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates who meet all above requirements/qualifications have to send to email@example.com
- Motivational Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
The deadline for applications is January 21, 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be called for an interview and written test. CRS is not obliged to inform all applicants about the results of selection process.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 13.01.2022.
Trajanje oglasa: 8 dana (ističe 21.01.2022.)